How to export the recording tracks to a pendrive?

Cakewalk does NOT record in mp3 format, it does what they all do, records in .wav and pops the files in a folder. Mokko01 is making incredibly hard work out of this. Cakewalk creates a folder for your song. Copy the damn folder and everything is there. Forget this mp3 nonsense. If you have deliberately created some mp3, they too are in that folder. There is no problem here at all. Just copy the folder and your project and all files created are just sitting there. There is no point trying to save bits and piece. If the concern is the computer crashing, a copy of that folder is all you need. Hell, you could send somebody the folder and they’d be able to load it straight in, assuming they had the same plugins.

we are making something stupidly simple complicated. That’s why I installed cakewalk. In case it was different. It is not! Copy the folder. Who cares what to? Any media big enough for a backup is fine.

The OP is hopelessly confused. Cakewalk records in wav files by default, as it should. You can EXPORT files as compressed .mp3s if you wish, but that is a user choice. I really cannot see any issues whatsoever. Everything anyone would want to do is perfectly possible. I’d happily record on cakewalk, we’re talking as if it’s somehow deficient with this mp3 talk.this is silly.

I agree Rob, over the years I have used versions of Adobe Audition, Cakewalk Sonar, Sony (then) Soundforge, and Cubase as well as Samplitudes. They all as you say, record .wav as default and "export as" various choices (if I might put a props in for Sam? It can export to very many formats and has a big range of quality settings)

I found Cubase a bit odd in that you had to set 'markers' to export.

Dave.

Back