How does it seem?

Great job on this...
Great job on all your tracks.

I like the voice settings you used in Good Night Priscilla song and it would be nice addition to this one too.

Thanks! I really appreciate that you listened to other tracks. I will have to go back to see what I did on that one.

Thanks very much.

I like all the little production touches that come and go. Reminds me a little of Neil Finn's Try Whistling This album. One thing is few sure - your voice really shines on top of this track.

Hey Chuck!

Not familiar with that album, will have to check it out.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, hope you are doing well!!

This sounds really good Macle - I like how you got a simple framework that let you hang different elements that come and go throughout the mix on. Don't think I'd change anything, good work!

Thanks Rob, really appreciate it!

If you don't make a living out of music, then there's something terribly wrong in this world. Great songs ! Pro job!

Hey Chuck!

Not familiar with that album, will have to check it out.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, hope you are doing well!!

I hope you do check it out, I love the album and bet parts of it would be right up your alley. Personally - I am quite alright. Still plugging away at it, still don't have a clue :-)

If you don't make a living out of music, then there's something terribly wrong in this world. Great songs ! Pro job!

Thanks Ashway!

Unfortunately, there is something terribly wrong in the world!!

But I appreciate the kind words very much.

Still plugging away at it, still don't have a clue :-)

Well as John Lennon once said, "every time I put my finger on it, it slips a way".

I suppose if he felt that way, than it's okay for the rest of us. I don't trust people who know what they're doing anyway!

I listened again. I still really like it. One thing I'd play with though is the bass - can you coax just a bit more attack out of it? Just a bit more definition?

I listened again. I still really like it. One thing I'd play with though is the bass - can you coax just a bit more attack out of it? Just a bit more definition?

Yeah man - attack is SO key. That initial 'click' just MAKES the bass for me. In the rare cases you get to hear a Paul track in isolation you hear it in spades. I like it even better when there is a click and a 'fart', a tiny bit of distortion surrounding the attack.

This is the bass and part of the drums from Monkberry Moon Delight - fitting cause I think he recorded this whole album at home on a multitrack :-)

Well as John Lennon once said, "every time I put my finger on it, it slips a way".

I suppose if he felt that way, than it's okay for the rest of us. I don't trust people who know what they're doing anyway!

Yeah - I guess being satisfied isn't exactly a recipe for progress. I do find, in my case, that getting better at this stuff begins with doing 'less' to the individual tracks and less to the mix.

I could try!

I always have trouble with the bass sound. The bass I have is a cheap Fender knockoff, and it always sort of sounds dead to me. I played a newer Fender recently, and it seemed much better. Way more alive. And I don't have a bass amp, I usually just go direct. . I was thinking of using a guitar amp and mixing that in.

Thanks for listening again, I appreciate it.

Yeah man - attack is SO key. That initial 'click' just MAKES the bass for me. In the rare cases you get to hear a Paul track in isolation you hear it in spades. I like it even better when there is a click and a 'fart', a tiny bit of distortion surrounding the attack.

This is the bass and part of the drums from Monkberry Moon Delight - fitting cause I think he recorded this whole album at home on a multitrack :-)

That is great. I've heard other Beatle and solo Beatle multitracks before, but never that one.

I know what you mean about the fart. I like the bit of slap back on the drums, too. That must be Paul on the drums on that one.

Yeah - I guess being satisfied isn't exactly a recipe for progress. I do find, in my case, that getting better at this stuff begins with doing 'less' to the individual tracks and less to the mix.

Yes, me too. Especially with plugins, it seems the more I do, the worse it gets, and starts to get that thin digital sound.

I'm just aiming for simple and plain at this point. I'm also trying to wean off the click, although it's hard to do the drums to a song without anything to play to!

That is great. I've heard other Beatle and solo Beatle multitracks before, but never that one.

I know what you mean about the fart. I like the bit of slap back on the drums, too. That must be Paul on the drums on that one.

I think Paul and Linda played everything on that album, not 100% sure though. Paul had some multitracks on his site for a while, don't know if they are still there. That's where I picked it up. It's funny how dirt simple all the parts are, but man do they sound great together, at least to my untrained ears lol

I think Paul and Linda played everything on that album, not 100% sure though. Paul had some multitracks on his site for a while, don't know if they are still there. That's where I picked it up. It's funny how dirt simple all the parts are, but man do they sound great together, at least to my untrained ears lol

I will have to check his site. I think there were some session guys on that album, at least on some of the songs, but that one sounds like Paul drumming.

Yeah, it's quite amazing, perfect little jigsaw puzzles. I have the Band On The Run multitrack, and when you hear the parts, it really does seem so simple, you think, is that really it? Then you play them altogether, and it's magic!

I will have to check his site. I think there were some session guys on that album, at least on some of the songs, but that one sounds like Paul drumming.

Yeah, it's quite amazing, perfect little jigsaw puzzles. I have the Band On The Run multitrack, and when you hear the parts, it really does seem so simple, you think, is that really it? Then you play them altogether, and it's magic!

Wow, yeah - went over the album and it's mostly a band he recruited. It's funny how the brain works. I totally mixed up Ram and the first solo album.

I listened to Love is Cool... great vibe to it. For some reason I kept hearing a Joe Walsh type guitar noodling around in there... but real fine the way it is... well done.

Back