How do we revive HR

Yeah, the problem is the brain-dead Luddites on this board hate all new tech, so this board will increasingly be marginalized for having backwards opinions as kids use portable devices to make kickass recordings. There is no solution other than banning stupidity.

So, just skip past the white people clapping (those are all HR posters), go to about 1:50:

Just start a bunch of old music is better than new music, analog is better than digital, plugs vs hardware, Gibson vs Epiphone, Fender vs Squier, REAPER vs Pro Tools, Mac vs PC, off the shelf vs boutique gear threads

That'll get the crickets out of the wood work..err or something

Plus it seems to be the bread and butter of a lot of other music/recording/gear sites where there are innumerable threads of people stating opinion as fact and arguing for hundreds of pages about it

Failing that lets fix the economy so a new bunch of upcoming people can have the disposable income to get into recording in whatever new forms and directions it takes

Oh - I see a ton of crap in the magazines about ipad, android and iOS stuff - it's all tablet's and apps - they should add an "apps" forum to cover all the millions of recording apps that are out now... that's what people are searching for to get started nowdays...

animoog is awesome

It doesn't take hardly any disposable income at all. Burn all of my gear, I will be back up and running with $20. Unless you burn all of my computers too, then I'd need another $50 or so.

Yeah, the problem is the brain-dead Luddites on this board hate all new tech, so this board will increasingly be marginalized for having backwards opinions as kids use portable devices to make kickass recordings. There is no solution other than banning stupidity.

So, just skip past the white people clapping (those are all HR posters), go to about 1:50:

lol

true dat

Now, I like the idea of "hanging out" with other musicians, something I don't get to do in the real world.

Hanging out with musicians virtually is much better than in real life.

In real life they're smelly, broke, stoned and will try to sleep with your girlfriend... you want to avoid them at all costs.

Online they're just smelly, broke and stoned - your girlfriend is usually safe...:)

You weren't here when Blue Bear was around. You missed out on all the advice he gave along with the abuse he doled out. It had to be taken with a grain of salt. I kinda miss the days when Alan and DJL were at each others throat in the microphone forum. If you sifted through all of the bullshit you actually did learn something about mics.

I miss Derek and Betty going at it hammer and tongs. The reality is that everything waxes and wanes. If we all drop dead there'll be a whole new bunch of opinionated idiots tomorrow....

... uh... wait... I'm ALREADY dead. See???

Stop worrying. Audiofanzine is still making money.

Sad to say I don't think HR's going to revive. HR was always about a constant large influx of new members, with an existing large and varied group of more knowledgeable members to get them in shape and keep them in line, heh, among other things. Many old timers left in various HR dramas and many still here are more into drama than music or rec. Fewer new members now... Have you looked at the sign-up process? Last I looked it tries to siphon off people into AF's own site. that could be nothing or could be huge. Very little actual discussion here. You know, where people listen, develop or share ideas in a peer back-and-forth. Always been lacking that, actually. What usually goes on at HR is 1) newb question (asked many time before), then 2) string of disconnected answers/opinions with aim of enforcing that certain correct info's given, often w/assorted witty insults, posturing and drama.. Nothing wrong with that but it gets tiresome. I do music as my job so maybe I have a low saturation point. I've enjoyed helping newbs but it gets repetitive.

Back