Hopes of Metal,Solos,and Speed coming back strong...

lucky13 said:
Good metal is found underground. There is a lot of local level metal that is better than anything out on the radio. Anybody remember Sacred Reich? Metallica, Megadeth, and White Zombie used to open for them, they stayed true, and in turn didn't have the commercial success, but they played some kick ass shit, and they had a huge fan base of true metal fans! Wiley their guitar player is a friend of mine, and he has a new band called The Human Condition who fucking rock! They are some of the heaviest shit I've heard in a while. Another band is F5, this is Dave Ellefson's (Megadeth) new band. I did some work with them on their album and it's heavy as shit (I don't know about you, but when I take a shit it is really heavy! :D ), lot's of solos, and they're currently shopping for a label. And then there is Black Hell, another local band from Phoenix, a buddy of mine just produced their record, (which was only released on vinyl and sounds fucking awesome) and did a lot of the solos and stuff. These guys sound like a mix of Black Sabbath and Ministry, definitely kick ass!

Point is that good metal is out there, bitching and whining about the good old days is pointless, just open your fucking eyes, good music is all around, it's just not on MTV or the radio.

That rules. Sacred Reich was a staple of my teen years. I lived with 'American Way' and especially 'Surf Nicaragua' for at least two solid years. If I remember right, I think I saw them with Napalm and Sepultura. Fucking great show of course. Sepultura's 'Arise' had just come out at the time.

peopleperson said:
That rules. Sacred Reich was a staple of my teen years. I lived with 'American Way' and especially 'Surf Nicaragua' for at least two solid years. If I remember right, I think I saw them with Napalm and Sepultura. Fucking great show of course. Sepultura's 'Arise' had just come out at the time.
Nice! SR was a great band! Wiley and Phil are both really cool guys. Wiley has told me some pretty crazy stories about touring, and some of the bands they toured with.

What about The VERALYNNES? Enough vocal power to push back an invasion force. Enough instrumental nouse to carry the tune. Solo, a solo that made millions weep, truly.

Oh, & the Polpotts. Loud enough to clear a city, persuasive enough to make you leave your job. Scarey enough to make you change your life style. Pity about the poor P.A. they invariably used.

Last edited:
there are just more diff genres nowadays .. the 80s glam .. are called emo now..same soft crap .. and is a big market to teen girls though i hate it ... back in the day Metal was more a general term ... overall the listeren base is still there ... just alotta diff terms bein used .. and SOLOS will never die !
the backlash from 80s where every band had to have a solo was .. simple chord progs and NO solos in the 90s ..now were in the middle ... I solo in lots of my band Seven Deadly SIns songs .. but not all of em ..? nowdays
lots of bands dont because they CANT !! Go home and practice yo scales HOMMIES !!

Back