Hopes of Metal,Solos,and Speed coming back strong...

Okay everybody. I responded with what I feel was a pretty justified rebuttal to this idiot's post and he slapped me with a red chicklet. First you agreed with me, and then you negged me. Told me to kiss your ass no less. I guess you thought about it for a while and realized that I made you look like an idiot? Is that what it was?

I don't give a shit about rep points....I just wanted to point out what a tool you are. :rolleyes:

metalhead28 said:
Okay everybody. I responded with what I feel was a pretty justified rebuttal to this idiot's post and he slapped me with a red chicklet. First you agreed with me, and then you negged me. Told me to kiss your ass no less. I guess you thought about it for a while and realized that I made you look like an idiot? Is that what it was?

I don't give a shit about rep points....I just wanted to point out what a tool you are. :rolleyes:

Huh huh.....you just said Tool...... :D

I'm with metalhead on this one. I have never found any shortage of good metal with plenty of solos and technical guitar work. There's plenty of bands out there still making stuff like that. Which is just as well because thats what I go out looking for. You just have to look a little harder. Because its kinda underground and thats where it belongs. I don't give a shit whether or not the music I listen to is immensly popular or not, because how would that affect my ability to listen to it. And I sure as hell don't care if that doesn't make me 'cool' or whatever. Metal isn't dead. I don't understand why the hell people keep saying it is. In the last 2 years I have bought more metal CD's that I have ever bought in my life, and everytime I go to the shops I find something else I wanna buy. Good metal is everywhere, you just have to find it.

Can you blame it for running underground after what the 'mainstream' did?

metalhead28 said:

Someone randomly negd me and I assumed it was you... :p sorry

myhatbroke said:
How OLD are you?? I bet I could kick your ass any day on a GUITAR duel. YOU WANT 5 BANDS?? ILL GIVE YOU MORE THAN 5

The Forsaken,Necrostrike,Dark Tranquality,Arch Enemy,Amon Amarth,Children of Bodom,Human Ground,Creature,Metsatoll,Agressor,Echo Silence,Obscured...(GASP) Mortified,Embryctomy,Loits,Night Wish, Therion..... :D

Guitar duel?

WTF?

Metal guys, I am embarassed for you. Stop acting like such dorks. Play music that gets you pussy instead of...

What the fuck are you guys after if it's not pussy? I just don't get it.

cephus said:
Guitar duel?

WTF?

Metal guys, I am embarassed for you. Stop acting like such dorks. Play music that gets you pussy instead of...

What the fuck are you guys after if it's not pussy? I just don't get it.
I do it for the love of metal. I doubt youll get nice pussy if your a metal head anyways. Unless your into dark gothic hairy bat infested pussy

I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if I repeat something that has already been said. Metal has never died and there are literally dozens of great bands from the last decade, just not here in the U.S. I suggest you do some serious research on European metal. Century Media and Nuclear Blast are two very accessible labels that would be a good starting point.

myhatbroke said:
I do it for the love of metal.

Oh, for the love of Pete!

I believe you, hat. I never got any pussy either, although I used it to justify my not playing football.

myhatbroke said:
How OLD are you?? I bet I could kick your ass any day on a GUITAR duel. YOU WANT 5 BANDS?? ILL GIVE YOU MORE THAN 5

The Forsaken,Necrostrike,Dark Tranquality,Arch Enemy,Amon Amarth,Children of Bodom,Human Ground,Creature,Metsatoll,Agressor,Echo Silence,Obscured...(GASP) Mortified,Embryctomy,Loits,Night Wish, Therion..... :D

That reminds me of Kevin Nealon on SNL doing Sam Donaldson from PrimeTime Live.

"Some of you don't believe we are broadcasting live, you might say I could have set my watch forward.....but what would you say about.....TWO watches? (pulls back his sleeve)

metalhead28 said:
That reminds me of Kevin Nealon on SNL doing Sam Donaldson from PrimeTime Live.

"Some of you don't believe we are broadcasting live, you might say I could have set my watch forward.....but what would you say about.....TWO watches? (pulls back his sleeve)
Totally Irrelevant

greenascanbe said:
(or just plain abusing it like the Smashing Pumpkins) .

I find that to be a slap in the face. lol... I guess i don't know if that was a compliment or a stab. They do use an arsenal of effects including the ebow.
I dig that kinda thing.

What's up myhatbroke, I'm the dude that hooked you up with the Master of Puppet links however, you are talking out your ass a little. All these metal threads are ridiculous and you have to realize that not everyone likes everything you do. Metal is by no means dead, at all. Guitar solos, also not dead. In fact almost everyband I have in to record has a solo somewhere in the song. I, however, don't base good metal on whether a solo is present or not. It's really more about the song and whether it kicks ass or doesn't, and if a solo makes or breaks a song then there's probably more things wrong with the song than just a lack of a solo. You just need to settle down, stop neg repping everyone and just read more. Or just go to a metalhead's forum and rant over there but all these "metal" topics are just getting old. BTW anyone who thinks metal is dead needs to go to a Soulfly/Sepultura show. I got my ass handed to me there.

gcapel said:
I find that to be a slap in the face. lol... I guess i don't know if that was a compliment or a stab. They do use an arsenal of effects including the ebow.
I dig that kinda thing.

I was thinking of the wammy effect used during the "Zero" solo. Seemed to noise for noise sake.

myhatbroke said:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahha. Guitar duel? Jackass.

EVERYTHING is cyclical. Never thought I'd see it - but the 80's are back in a big way right now. I see kids dressing and with hair styles identical to me when I was 14-15 - the "banger look". Same band Tees too - Maiden, Slayer, Anthrax...

The guitar wankery of the 80's will rear its ugly head again - guaranteed.

myhatbroke said:

the only band in there I have ever heard of is Nightwish. and that shit was dorkier 'n hell.

Good metal is found underground. There is a lot of local level metal that is better than anything out on the radio. Anybody remember Sacred Reich? Metallica, Megadeth, and White Zombie used to open for them, they stayed true, and in turn didn't have the commercial success, but they played some kick ass shit, and they had a huge fan base of true metal fans! Wiley their guitar player is a friend of mine, and he has a new band called The Human Condition who fucking rock! They are some of the heaviest shit I've heard in a while. Another band is F5, this is Dave Ellefson's (Megadeth) new band. I did some work with them on their album and it's heavy as shit (I don't know about you, but when I take a shit it is really heavy! :D ), lot's of solos, and they're currently shopping for a label. And then there is Black Hell, another local band from Phoenix, a buddy of mine just produced their record, (which was only released on vinyl and sounds fucking awesome) and did a lot of the solos and stuff. These guys sound like a mix of Black Sabbath and Ministry, definitely kick ass!

Point is that good metal is out there, bitching and whining about the good old days is pointless, just open your fucking eyes, good music is all around, it's just not on MTV or the radio.

Back