Hooking up Alesis 3630 into mixer

6th Sense

Hey guys I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to compressors. How do I hook up my Alesis 3630 into Behringer XENYX 1204 Mixer. Thanks for any help.

Normally, you get an insert cable. Then you plug the insert cable into the insert jack of the channel you want to compress. Plug the other ends of the insert cable into the compressors in and out.

Aww man, thanks a lot. Until now I have been using two separate cables. I still don't have the insert cable but I'm gonna buy it now. Thanks a lot again man. Hopefully my compressor responds after I do this.

Aww man, thanks a lot. Until now I have been using two separate cables. I still don't have the insert cable but I'm gonna buy it now. Thanks a lot again man. Hopefully my compressor responds after I do this.
What were you hooking the other cable to?

I was hooking one cable from the insert jack of the channel I wanted to compress to the input the compressor. I was hooking the other cable to the output of the compressor to the Aux Sends 1 jack.

Aux send takes audio out of the mixer.

Returns bring audio back in.

So, another way you could do this is hook an auxiliary send to the compressor's input, then route the output to a return. This will allow you to use one signal processor for multiple channels.

Aux send takes audio out of the mixer.

Returns bring audio back in.

So, another way you could do this is hook an auxiliary send to the compressor's input, then route the output to a return. This will allow you to use one signal processor for multiple channels.
Except that you would still hear the uncompressed signal coming through the channel.

Back