HomeRec Collab! Freudian, Gorty, & Greg - Strutter!

Awesome !!!
Absolutely Awesome, I totally dig it you guys .
Dang good job !

Couldn't help but listen a bunch of time before I said anything :D
Thanks man. Cool avatar! :D

Yours, I hope! :p :D

You're right, though. I'm already a Dodgy Bastard! :D

BTW, how's "Death From Above" coming along? :p :p :p :)

It's coming. Drums and bass are done. I tracked the rhythm guitars today, but I don't know if I'm happy with them. I did 4 tracks Some semi-heavy, some a little cleaner. Should be done pretty soon though. I can't wait to do the vocals. :D

Listening over and over......:D

I think this might be like a double post but what the heck, I'm new.......you guys will forgive me (I think) and I just plain have more to say.

This is one of my all time favorites and you guy's have done some justice here.

Greg_L, Gorty, You guys made that music hit me, just like it hits me till this day, true to the song, I had a huge grin on my face listening to that mix, spot on guy's, fanfreakintastic job !!!

Freudian Slip, Your vocals lended a completely new and much liked sound.
Me being an obvious KISS fan, you know what I'm familiar to hearing, when I heard your vocal take off, it gave me a different perspective of the song that I personally liked hearing, very well done.

By the Way, I'll play whatever someone else isn't.....except for that whole skin flute/juicy fruit thing you guy's keep talking about...:eek:

Yes, I'm a fellow fan, but I gotta draw the line.....:D

This is one of my all time favorites and you guy's have done some justice here.
Greg_L, Gorty, You guys made that music hit me, just like it hits me till this day, true to the song, I had a huge grin on my face listening to that mix, spot on guy's, fanfreakintastic job !!!

Freudian Slip, Your vocals lended a completely new and much liked sound.
Me being an obvious KISS fan, you know what I'm familiar to hearing, when I heard your vocal take off, it gave me a different perspective of the song that I personally liked hearing, very well done.

Thanx RocknRollOver!

Like I said earlier, this was awesome to be part of and I was stoked to be part of this with Greg_L and Freudian Slip.

I have always played original material in my music career so this was my very first cover tune that I have been involved in covering. If I see/hear a cover band, I like to hear it covered as close to the original as possible, particulary the music because the vocal aspect is a whole different kettle of fish. Trying to emulate anothers voice can make vocals sound forced. This is where Freudian did a great job at being himself but staying true to the song!

The music was intended to be duplicated as close to the original as possible which allowed Freudian's vocals to take this song to where you hear it as a finished product! :)

Once again thanx to all for your encouraging comments!

Gorty :)

If I see/hear a cover band, I like to hear it covered as close to the original as possible, particulary the music because the vocal aspect is a whole different kettle of fish. Trying to emulate anothers voice can make vocals sound forced. This is where Freudian did a great job at being himself but staying true to the song!

The music was intended to be duplicated as close to the original as possible which allowed Freudian's vocals to take this song to where you hear it as a finished product! :)

Gorty :)

I couldn't agree more with this.

You and Greg_L played great and allowed Freudian Slip to shine on those vocals, what a great sound !

Thanks guys:) Ya I'm no impersonater;) My favorite part of the song to sing is the chorus cause I can get down in the gut. That's always fun for me.

Realy I sort of sound like some other singers but the only person that I think I can actually impersonate half way decent is Niel Young, LOL. How sad is that:D:eek::confused: I'm actually a pretty big CSNY fan not so much CSN.
Like some solo Niel too. Needle and the damage done, etc.

Anyways.....

F.S.

Great Job guys, takes me waaaaay baaacckkk. BV's are top notch!! When you gonna do Detroit Rock City, you know you want to ........

Bang that head that doesnt bang. er .... or was that Quiet Riot?

No matter.

:D:D

I think this sounds awesome - great lead git playing. Great vocals, awesome backing vox. My only little beef is this (and mind you, this is WAY better than anything I could come up with): with the two rhythm guitars panned opposite, the rhythm guitar seems to swim pretty randomly across the soundstage - possibly becuase they aren't playing the same rhythm, or possibly becuase there is just varying dynamics between the two tracks. I found it a bit distracting. I think if it were more centered or balanced, it would be even a tad better.

At least that's what I'm hearing on my fancy gateway brand speakers.

Top notch, though guys, really!

Edit - 2nd listen - I just wanna say again how much I like the backing vox!

God, this brings back memories. My first band that actually got PAID to play did this one. Sounds pretty fuckin tight guys. Tasty guits Gorty. Makes me want to spit blood.:D:D:D

Thanks a lot guys. :)

Andyhix - I'm not really hearing what you're describing. We panned this thing pretty true to the original version. "Paul" about 50% the left and "Ace" hard right. There's a subtle accompaniment rhythm track right up the middle but lower in the mix. They're all playing different stuff although the "Paul" rhythm and the acc rhythm are pretty similar. Maybe thats what you're hearing; slight hints of the acc track filling in certain spots of the "Paul" track. I don't know. If its really bad, blame Gorty! :D :p

Thanks a lot guys. :)

Andyhix - I'm not really hearing what you're describing. We panned this thing pretty true to the original version. "Paul" about 50% the left and "Ace" hard right. There's a subtle accompaniment rhythm track right up the middle but lower in the mix. They're all playing different stuff although the "Paul" rhythm and the acc rhythm are pretty similar. Maybe thats what you're hearing; slight hints of the acc track filling in certain spots of the "Paul" track. I don't know. If its really bad, blame Gorty! :D :p

After my second listen I think it's just the two different rhythms that pull the guitar sound from one side to the other, depending on who's hitting their chord at a particular time. It didn't feel like two rhythms, as much as one rhythm moving back and forth. But that's just on my poorly placed crappy work computer speakers, so I'd ignore me for the most part (that's actualy a good rule regarding anything I post).
Anyway, the guitar thing is growing on me now .

Edit - I think it's the sparseness of the hard R guitar. When it drops out (like right when the vocals start) I feel like the whole song shifts Left. When it come backs in ( a second or 2 later) the whole thing is pulled back to the right. Hell, I don't know. Go back to ignoring me.:o

Edit - I think it's the sparseness of the hard R guitar. When it drops out (like right when the vocals start) I feel like the whole song shifts Left. When it come backs in ( a second or 2 later) the whole thing is pulled back to the right. Hell, I don't know. Go back to ignoring me.:o

I know exactly what you are on about andy, if you listen to the original Strutter version, not the re-recorded version on Double Platinum, you will hear the same panning of the guitars in the stereo field.

(But really, it's Greg's mixing!) :p :D

I like the stereo play on the guitars:D It's something you don't seem to hear as much of these days.

F.S.

I always liked that too.
I plan on incorporating more of that in my own original stuff, puts the listener in front of the band and to me, gives it that raw/real sound I've always liked.

Back