HomeRec Collab! Freudian, Gorty, & Greg - Strutter!

Okay...I can't hold back anymore...!!!

Vocals~Freud, your voice is different from Stanley, who has a bluesy edge on that song...but you've got that sexy baritone thing going on here...cocky attitude in your style...enough to bring a visual to mind, of you performing on stage...a performance full of talent, energy, emotion and dripping sex appeal all over the place...on a sidenote...at several places, you sound like Jerry Lee Lewis...especially on the BABY!!....there is that aura of Jerry lee there and a Hetfield one too...at the 1:24-1:27 area just shouts Hetfield with a Jerry lee-crazy-on... BABY!!!! KIcken Ass!!

Rhythm guits~ are fat and heavy...doing some dancing with the bass...and I love a good dance!!! Some great guitar'ing r00~

Lead solos~What can I say...you are impeccable in your playing...hot hot hot... get it down and dirty!! You are on it r00p00b0y!! Love the tones and not one note missed...DAMN it sounds sooooo Good!!!! Kickin' ass too!!

Bass- there are many places the bass and ryhthm guitars become one and no distinction betwixt the two. I love when instruments or vocals do this. They become a whole new instrument unto themselves. Good stuff Gregg.

Drums~ Big Drum sound Greg Louganis!! ....You have a BIG...BIG....BIG....

....DRUM SOUND~!~! Thought I was gonna say GUN didn't ya?:eek::D:D:D:p

A master ye be at the beating of the skins...I don't hear a missed beat either...A drummer I'm not, but a lover of listening to em I am.

I love the drum intro. Are you using the floor and the two toms? Sooooo, with your big drum sound, I guess one could conclude, that things ARE bigger in Texas....

the cymbal bell rings are cool and the crashes well done. Kickin' ass tooer!!!

The overall mix ~of the song sounds great to my ears....or I am just so into the great performances that I am just not hearing any flaws...?:confused:..I dunno....you guys didn't use EZ drummer and a MIDI did ya....?:eek::D

I wouldn't change a thing.

In fact, I listened to a 1976 youtube of this song and then a newer one...maybe later 90's...? You guys kicked their asses all over the place....now I did not hear a studio version of the song. I am sure their studio version, is a lot better than those two live performances I watched.

Just my ear opinion. You guys did a perfect cover as far as I am concerned and Freud's different style added an excellent take on it.

You three should be in a band together....surly one of yous can write a song....

Rock on!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

True

Vocals~Freud, your voice is different from Stanley, who has a bluesy edge on that song...but you've got that sexy baritone thing going on here...cocky attitude in your style...enough to bring a visual to mind, of you performing on stage...a performance full of talent, energy, emotion and dripping sex appeal all over the place...on a sidenote...at several places, you sound like Jerry Lee Lewis...especially on the BABY!!....there is that aura of Jerry lee there and a Hetfield one too...at the 1:24-1:27 area just shouts Hetfield with a Jerry lee-crazy-on... BABY!!!! KIcken Ass!!

Rhythm guits~ are fat and heavy...doing some dancing with the bass...and I love a good dance!!! Some great guitar'ing r00~

Lead solos~What can I say...you are impeccable in your playing...hot hot hot... get it down and dirty!! You are on it r00p00b0y!! Love the tones and not one note missed...DAMN it sounds sooooo Good!!!! Kickin' ass too!!

Bass- there are many places the bass and ryhthm guitars become one and no distinction betwixt the two. I love when instruments or vocals do this. They become a whole new instrument unto themselves. Good stuff Gregg.

A master ye be at the beating of the skins...I don't hear a missed beat either...A drummer I'm not, but a lover of listening to em I am.

I love the drum intro. Are you using the floor and the two toms? Sooooo, with your big drum sound, I guess one could conclude, that things ARE bigger in Texas....

The overall mix ~of the song sounds great to my ears....or I am just so into the great performances that I am just not hearing any flaws...?:confused:..I dunno....you guys didn't use EZ drummer and a MIDI did ya....?:eek::D

In fact, I listened to a 1976 youtube of this song and then a newer one...maybe later 90's...? You guys kicked their asses all over the place....now I did not hear a studio version of the song. I am sure their studio version, is a lot better than those two live performances I watched.

Just my ear opinion. You guys did a perfect cover as far as I am concerned and Freud's different style added an excellent take on it.

You three should be in a band together....surly one of yous can write a song....

Rock on!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

True

Rock on and Kudos!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

True

True

True

True

True

Thanx for listening and commenting Tr00! After your description of Freudians vocals I was starting to get a twinge thinking of Freudians manliness!.............:eek: :eek:

Hey Fruedian....do you want to come over to my place for a slumber party! :eek: :p :D

Thanks yall. :)

True, I had the easy parts. The drums and bass are minimal on this song. Gorty and FS made it rock. :)

Thanks yall. :)

True, I had the easy parts. The drums and bass are minimal on this song. Gorty and FS made it rock. :)

The bass line in itself Greg is what they refer to as a walking bass line (I think???) and you played and captured that very well indeed! On the initial mix you sent me to record my tracks to, the bass sounds awesome. The drums, well they plainly kicked ass which gave myself and Freudian a great palate to work with!

I hope this post wasn't too gay! :eek: :p

:eek:

LOL at you guy's, thanks for the morning laugh !!!

Oh yeah and um, be sure to ...keep em seperated :D

I love this song !

Do another you guy's.....just sayin.

Thanx for listening and commenting Tr00! After your description of Freudians vocals I was starting to get a twinge thinking of Freudians manliness!.............:eek: :eek:

Hey Fruedian....do you want to come over to my place for a slumber party! :eek: :p :D

Only if we have seperate sleeping bags, and no means no:D

F.S.

The bass line in itself Greg is what they refer to as a walking bass line (I think???) and you played and captured that very well indeed! On the initial mix you sent me to record my tracks to, the bass sounds awesome. The drums, well they plainly kicked ass which gave myself and Freudian a great palate to work with!

I hope this post wasn't too gay! :eek: :p

I agree the bass and drums kick ass. The bass in this song is a big part of it to me.

I always like that big drum sound you get too. Some how you are able to keep them nice and big with out the low end getting out of control or in the way of other things. That brings me to two questions. What kind of set are you playing on and for Gortys sake, how big is your schlong?:D
You can just PM Gorty with the answer to the second question;)

F.S.

Lol. Gorty already knows! :D

I use an old - like from the early 70's - Rogers 5 pc kit. It sounds surprisingly good for being as old and cheap as it is. I take care of it though. I've smoothed the bearing edges and keep fresh pinstripes on it and keep them tuned well. The snare gets an EmperorX reverse dot for the big rock sound and the kick is unmuffled with Aquarian Super-Kick's. The toms are 12x9, 13x10, and 16x16, the kick is 22x18, and the snare is 14x6. Nothing fancy at all. The snare requires some EQ'ing usually, but the toms and kick are pretty natural.

Thanks. :)

Lol. Gorty already knows! :D

I use an old - like from the early 70's - Rogers 5 pc kit. It sounds surprisingly good for being as old and cheap as it is. I take care of it though. I've smoothed the bearing edges and keep fresh pinstripes on it and keep them tuned well. The snare gets an EmperorX reverse dot for the big rock sound and the kick is unmuffled with Aquarian Super-Kick's. The toms are 12x9, 13x10, and 16x16, the kick is 22x18, and the snare is 14x6. Nothing fancy at all. The snare requires some EQ'ing usually, but the toms and kick are pretty natural.

Thanks. :)

Cool. It has that classic sound and a destinct sound. Works works very well.
I had an old, old gretch set once, but the shells had been under a house (dirt floor) and were begining to delaminate. Well hell the heads were old as hell and I could not aford any either. I'd like to get another set someday, but my drumer has a nice slingerland set that he got for a song (bastard!)

F.S.

Back