Home Studio Construction Advice. Help Needed!

BigHighLonesome said:
I have a "consultant" coming on site for the first week. Its funny though because there are some posts here where people got loads of advice and provided half the info that I did. One post someone even redid the diagram to scale and did a freakin auto cad. Thats kind. Not a big deal at all for me though. I'll tough it out. I wasnt looking for someone to do all the legwork, just provide some advice and high level suggestions to my provided diagram.

Thanks for all the ... ummm "assistance"... :rolleyes:

What you apparently fail to realize is most of us have lives outside of sitting here and responding to posts, drawing diagrams, etc. My participation in particular is spotty at best because of this. Being that you're here for FREE advice and FREE assistance, it's really inappropriate to whine that you're not getting the help you "deserve". I owe you nothing, you owe me nothing.

What you apparently fail to realize is that I have just come here for a bit of help.....

Not to have Ethan and Rick over, and put em to work in the studio :) j/k
Sheesh sorry for coming to the web board and asking for advice..

Where did I even lead on that I thought YOU, or anyone else here owed me anything? I am not bitching, just making a point. I went through years of posts and based my comments on the content of this website, not the absence of interest in my project. Thats not bitching, but fact.

I also understand your comments, and that is why my best friend on this site is the search text box. I am not looking for someone to do my thinking for me , just give me advice along the way. Half the fuin is working out the logistics for me. I guess somewhere in this thread I was misrepresented.

I was hoping you would pop in but never expected it. Its funny the only post you ever make in regards to my project is to basically say "I owe you nothing, you owe me nothing, fuck off". Nice.

Well thats fine, its apparent you and Rick are basically on side to give me nothing here in regards to any advice and thats perfectly fine. I never expected it. Excellent advice hasnt been hard to come by, and its not worth bending over for thats for sure.

I cant refrain from saying your all acting a bit childish here. But, to each there own. Excpet for you DDev who atr least made an attempt to help and be freindly. Your design was greatly appreciated and will be used.

Anyhow I just got back from ordering more building supplies and I have a lot of stuff to figure out...... I also bought a couple sheets of rigid (kpa 75) (10 CDN for 4*8*1/2) to experiemnt with along with the 703 I had to order. Resilliant channel was 3.97 (CDN) sq/f (furring). I don't know if I will go with that or the 4.00 sq/f stuff. Anyhow... who cares.

Everything is starting to come together and I have software to properly layout the space to scale. Thats helping a lot. This stuff is hard but I will learn. BTW the "Consultant" is a structural engineer who works for a family member so its basically free advice, nothing special. He has built a couple of home theaters and studios and is quite familiiar with what's going on here too

Also, some staff members at a local drywall company were really helpful too today. Just wanted to let you know that things are going to be fine.

Last edited:
BigHighLonesome said:
What you apparently fail to realize is that I have just come here for a bit of help.....

I realize exactly why you're here. Same reason everyone else is.

bighighlonesome said:
Where did I even lead on that I thought YOU, or anyone else here owed me anything? I am not bitching, just making a point. I went through years of posts and based my comments on the content of this website, not the absence of interest in my project. Thats not bitching, but fact.

Here is what you said above that triggered my response:

"Its funny though because there are some posts here where people got loads of advice and provided half the info that I did. One post someone even redid the diagram to scale and did a freakin auto cad. Thats kind. Not a big deal at all for me though. I'll tough it out. I wasnt looking for someone to do all the legwork, just provide some advice and high level suggestions to my provided diagram.

Thanks for all the ... ummm "assistance"... "

BigHighLonesome said:
I was hoping you would pop in but never expected it. Its funny the only post you ever make in regards to my project is to basically say "I owe you nothing, you owe me nothing, fuck off". Nice.

Actually I was about to, but I had a diagram on the left monitor, and this forum page on the right monitor, and when I saw the above quoted paragraph yesterday afternoon so I just packed it in for the day and worked on something else. Maybe you didn't mean to sound like a snippy prick, but as you continue with the sarcasm I think you did.

BigHighLonesome said:
Well thats fine, its apparent you and Rick are basically on side to give me nothing here in regards to any advice and thats perfectly fine. I never expected it. Excellent advice hasnt been hard to come by, and its not worth bending over for thats for sure.

No one asked you to bend over at all. Polite courtesy without sarcasm might have been nice, that's all I'm saying. If that isn't obvious, sorry.

"Its funny though because there are some posts here where people got loads of advice and provided half the info that I did. One post someone even redid the diagram to scale and did a freakin auto cad. Thats kind. Not a big deal at all for me though. I'll tough it out. I wasnt looking for someone to do all the legwork, just provide some advice and high level suggestions to my provided diagram.

Thanks for all the ... ummm "assistance"... "

I am very tempted (but way too busy) to go back through this site and gather the posts I used to make this comment. There are loads of posts here with more information received, than provided by the poster. Not saying I was expecting a barrage of replies either, at all, it was just a fact I posted after doing my own legwork around here. If that gets some people grumpy enough to stop helping me and shut off thier monitor, then I guess thats life :D .

I am not even close to a snippy prick, at all, and I bet had we all met in a building supply store and happened to discussed this, we would have a few laughs together. Thats what I hate about the internet, its too easy to be taken the wrong way.

For whats its worth, I apologize to you guys. Your a wealth of information and provide plenty of good advice for people here and I respect that, even if I didnt have a good experience on this board.

Take care ( and yes, the door wont slap me in the arse on the way out ..)

PS: Sheetrock prices went up again last week.... 11.59 CDN for a 4*8* 1/2" :mad:

Apology accepted.

And you're right, we all would probably hit it off in person. ASCII is tough sometimes because it's often difficult to visualize body language and facial expressions when you've never met the person. All we have is the written word in such instances.

Anyway, what I had started...

Attachments

• bighighlonesome.jpg
    bighighlonesome.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 26
WoW!

BigHighLonesome said:
I am very tempted (but way too busy) to go back through this site and gather the posts I used to make this comment. There are loads of posts here with more information received, than provided by the poster. Not saying I was expecting a barrage of replies either, at all, it was just a fact I posted after doing my own legwork around here. If that gets some people grumpy enough to stop helping me and shut off thier monitor, then I guess thats life :D .

I am not even close to a snippy prick, at all, and I bet had we all met in a building supply store and happened to discussed this, we would have a few laughs together. Thats what I hate about the internet, its too easy to be taken the wrong way.

For whats its worth, I apologize to you guys. Your a wealth of information and provide plenty of good advice for people here and I respect that, even if I didnt have a good experience on this board.

Take care ( and yes, the door wont slap me in the arse on the way out ..)

PS: Sheetrock prices went up again last week.... 11.59 CDN for a 4*8* 1/2" :mad:

>scratches head< WoW!

Back