~~~~ Home Recording Challenge 3 ~~~~

jcmm

Thanks J, I was fooling with the demo plug last night.
As good as they make these things though, they still can only work on straight notes as far as I can tell.
Now I know how Carmen made it so far in American Idol........

kgirl72 said:
I don't truly know what key that was in even. Probably B flat, since I used all white keys!

B flat, and all white keys :D ? What kind of 'reversed universe' piano do you play? Or is B flatter than flat, A perhaps?

But hot damn, you can sing (you're probably one of the best I've heard so far). What you're moaning about? Get rid of the insecurity issues and start posting music here, girl! We could use some more women!

Geez...okay.

Thanks, Ped.

Nice pic of your mug, btw.

And, for anyone who wanted to know about that piano model number...it was an E-15, which was the first Roland I believe to be called an "Intelligent Synthesizer" and it is more likely that I got it around 1989-90, which would have put me in senior year, high school...sounds more truthful. I couldn't have such lies floating about. I know my dad didn't buy it for me when I was 13!

Shit, though, I can't remember things as mundane as my own history. Too much thought required. Anyway, the keyboard has been very useful for me, if it weren't for that one friggin' G-key that is about 4 times louder than every other key...makes much thinking necessary while playing so as to NOT hit that key if at all possible (and it's pretty hard) Anyone know how to fix that? And there's another key that still plays, but someone ELSE broke it, as well as my old keyboard amp, and now the key needs to be duct taped into place! Buttweed. Hee hee.

So, I did a search on it yesterday, and there's still a few people holding on to their old E-15s, for various reasons...one of them being good piano sound, I read.

Again, thanks! Talk to you guys later.
K-

I can find out how to fix it.
I work for a music store which specializes in keyboard and organ repair.......but it probably won't be something you can fix yourself. Something is wrong with the velocity sensor for that key so whenever you play it, it always plays at the very highest volume as if you were slamming the key as hard as you can. It's conceivable that it's just dirty contacts if it uses that spring contact systen that was common back then.

uh-oh

Well, I just realized a potential problem. I'm getting married on the 14th, and am leaving for sunny Aruba on the 16th. So my partner would have to wait a whole week to get started. Maybe I should drop out now. Or maybe it's a good enough reason to back out of the wedding........

What no time for SAX on your honeymoon?

AHAAA HAW HAW HYUK Hyuk HYuk Sssnsnoooooooorty nnyyaaaaaaaa nyaaaaaa ahahahhahaahaa nyyaaaahhahahaah bweeeee haw bweeeeeee haw .. haw..
beep
...snortle

..chuckle

*ahem*

mmm... i just kill myself sometimes

Back