Help using Tascam Fw-1082

blue4u

well that's just like you
I need help using my Tascam FW-1082 in a better way. I know it can do soooo much and yet, I only use it as an I/O device because so much of it confuses me. I read most of the manual but didn't find it very uplifting. Are there other sources or tutorials online for using this device? Can any of you that have this or the 1084 offer help in some way? Here's where I'm having trouble:

1. I don't understand the different modes (computer, midi and mix) and how or when to use them.

2. I don't get how to use the EQ/Aux knobs with my DAW (which is Reaper).

3. I don't get what the "set", "in" and "out" buttons are for?

4. I don't get what the four arrow buttons are for?

5. I don't understand how or when to use the "F Keys".

I've gotten the faders, rec, solo and mute features to work using Mackie mix mode in Reaper which is cool. Beyond that, I'm lost. If any of you really know this unit well please help! I think it has great potential!!

Thanks!
Rich

well...

1. computer is used when controlling the software... midi is used with welll midi... and monitor is used when dealling with the raw source material...

2. i cant say for sure as i'm on cubase... but that's up to your software whether the manufacture supports that feature or not....

3. those are used to "set" locate points like when ya want to do a punch in....

4. those are used to scroll through the pages of say a vst...

5. f keys are used for macros...ie. a sequence of key strokes you do pretty regularly....

6. or you could read the fukin manual....

Back