Help recording the mic sound

moroccog

OK, I got the condenser mic to the phantom power preamp/soundcard. I am using FL Studio 4.1 to record vocals to my computer but I cant hear any vocals coming from the computer. My basic question is how do you get the microphone sound to register out of the computer speakers and better yet how do you record the vocals from the mic to the pc. Very basic newbie question. If you do not know about FL Studio then how would I record using cubase vst?

my setup

I have a M audio usb mic pre amp that has a built in sound card. I am trying to record using cubase vst or fruity loops. I getting no mic sound from the pc. and I need to know how to record vocals in cubase and fruity loops.

try this people sometimes forget to do this. Go to your startmenu and search for volume control. Under volume control go to options and properties. Switch your soundcard to your M-Audio soundcard, and also go into "adjust volume for" and switch to recording and tweak your mic volume. Or it just might be you havent set up your USB audiocard right, or a number of other things. Well hope that helps

I turned the volume up in the start menu and managed to get the soundcard to finally show up as hardware. I had to put the Duo in MME mode, but I want to record using ASIO because I am using cubase vst. When I put the Duo into ASIO/EASI mode it does not register in as a soundcard. Plus the cubase software freezes up when I start it up in MME Mode. Anyone know anything about properly installing and running an M Audio USB Mic Preamp?

two questions:

1. Do you have the most recent drivers for the M-audio?

2. Did you buy Cubase or did you download it?

I went to the website and downloaded some post installer that was supposed to install the ASIO Driver, but I did all that and still no response

I do not use this product as I use Cakewalk. However, this does not sound like a driver issue, but more an issue with the way the software is or isn't detecting the USB device you're using to interface with it. I'd check the following if you have not already...

1) if you have a mixer or other interface to the pc, plug any cheap mike into that interface and see if you can rule out an issue with the usb port

2) can you play back and hear any previously recorded wav files that you can load into your software?

3) search "FL Studio 4.1 no sound" in google without the quotes, it seems that other people have had similar if not exactly the same issue. you might find something there..

Good luck

Back