HELP! New Tascam DP02CF user

Status
Not open for further replies.

genetown

I have a Tascam DP02CF. New to this. Couple of questions, probably stupid. How come when I load my 8 GB flash card, then go to partitions, I see three partitions set up with 2 GB's in partition one and 2 GB's in partition 2, then 1 GB in PaRTITION 3. That adds up to 5, not 8. Am I supposed to format this first, and if so, can I still format after I've recorded on cards?

Next (Man, I've got so many). How come when I go to mix, I don't seem to be able to edit out the count that leads into beginning of track? Example; one two, one two three...then the song starts. Driving me freaking crazy.

A) There is an amount of card memory reserved for the FAT partition, so it reduces the GB's available for the tracking partitions accordingly.

B) You may format a card at any time, whether it's recorded on or not, but keep in mind it will wipe the card clean. You should back up and export all your tracks and mixes to the PC first.

C) I don't think formatting the card will "cure" what you're seeing, as I think it's normal, so take comment "B" in context with a grain of salt.

D) The editing of the count-in should be done on the "tracking" side of the process, to then mix down an already edited version to the dedicated stereo master track. (Mark In/Out point & delete section on all-8 tracks). Once it's on the master track as a stereo mix, there's limited or no editing,... tho' I've not used or scoped out the 02CF in a long time and I could be mistaken.

E) When in doubt, consult the manual.:eek:;)

Wow, it's been a while since I've fired mine up. Time to blow the dust off it and get to work. LOL

Post up if you have any more questions though. Dave beat me to the first round.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back