Hard Rock/Comercial metal song

Sounds pretty good. Gats a little convoluted when the drums start rolling pretty fast, but that may be the MP3 quality. Other than that part, good tune.
Ed

I can hear what you mean about the hook, you need to beef up those heavy guitars somehow, I don't really have any advice though, sorry... Maybe too "scooped" in the mids? Maybe you need to bump up the low end or low mids? Are those real instruments or some kind of synthesizers (VSTi?)?

That was awesome...I think the guitars sound great...but then again, my guitar mixes have been sounding flimsy lately...so don't listen to me.

What do you mean by 'hook'? Does that refer to an outstanding characteristic of the song?

Nice song! The distortion guitars are the biggest disturbance. Seems like to much high mid,,, did you eq them like that? Maybe a boost around 2k would be more apropiate. The whole mix sounds a bit dull. Try clear up the muddy sound,,, usually to much energy built up in the mix around 500Hz,,,

Good luck

Hey,

thanks for the replies I realy do value the feedback, I will take it all into concideration. I'm actualy retracking the guitars right now to try a whole different picking technique, that might be part of the problem.

(David Katauskas) As for the hook I was refering to the heavy part of the song but thanks again for the feedback I'm glad you liked the song.

tom fills at times seem a little off, vocals seem thin and a tad harsh.
Hi hats are bit too loud.

Like that little fast (guitar?) lick at the begining that was neat.

Ok,
I retracked and remixed. Thanx again for the advise. When I rrecorded the heavy guitars, I did away with the scooped sound and tamed the 500k range during mixdown. I think this is conciderably better, much tighter sounding in my opinion.

Seems convoluted and there's something really wrong with the drums. Too much pumpy compression on them maybe? Vocals seemed pretty low in the mix too. It was hard for me to keep my attention on any one thing cause so much was going on. Guitar solos in the middle of vocals panned hard left and right made my head spin. I guess my biggest suggestion is 'less is more' as it's obvious that you've got some fairly punchy tracks on their own, but when it all gets shoved together it sounds messy.

Back