Guitar amp sims

McShredsAlot

Hey guys. I was just wondering what your preferred amp sim vst is. I have amplitube 3. And lately I've been messing around with various amp head vsts like Lepou's, and Nick Crows heads with impulses like guitar hacks, and gods cabs.

Do any of you guys use amplitube for the head and bypass the cabs? I recently got some studio headphones and realized that the tones I got using Nick Crows head with impulses were terrible compared to when I was using some Skull Candy headphones. What are your chains to get a good tone? And what impulses are you using? I'm also using the Tube Screamer plug first in the chain. Thanks!

Do any of you guys use amplitube for the head and bypass the cabs?

What I've been doing is the opposite: I've been bypassing the head and using the cabs as a speaker simulator. Instead of the head I've been using a T-Rex Spindoctor. Two tracks, panned left and right each with a different cab. Sounds pretty good for a semi-simulated sound.

I still find using the real thing the easiest method.

But when I do mess around it's (in this order on the insert rack):

ignite amps TS999
Either some sort of ignite amp sim or lepou head
Recabinet

FWIW all of that is free except recab, and recab is only $20 at the moment. Very cheap setup and is OSX and windows usable.

Everybody sleeps on this one...:yawn:

Guitar FX BOX - realtime effect processor software for windows

I'm not knocking any other sims out there (I've used Amplitube, PodFarm, ect...), but this one is really good sounding (the best sounding IMO). It's very easy to use, and you can download a free copy for 30 days. It's $30 if you want to keep it, and it's well worth it. I have made a bunch of my own presets (everybody knows that factory presets suck). Lots of amps, effects, crazy low latency, and a low CPU load. I can have it run with my DAW (using lots of plugins and soft synths) and not have any skips or hiccups on a Vista laptop with only 4GB of RAM.

You should try it out if you haven't...:thumbs up:

I reckon Amplitube is pretty decent all round, but yeah I do use it just as an amp sim and bypass the cab - sometimes.
Pretty good value plugin if you go for the big pack - that's a lotta amps in there!

I have revalver as well, my complaint with that is how buggy it is in cubase. I have contacted them and can't seem to get it fixed so all well. haha

I've used a ton... Guitar rig, amplitube 3 (with custom cab impulses) LePou, etc... I mainly worked in Cubase, but for the last few years, I've been doing something completely different. Every track from the piano, strings, synths, drums, and amp sims...recorded on my iPad (don't laugh..lol) I use JamUp Pro for amps and effects.

I use Amps on all kinds of things. Just because it has guitar in front of it, doesn't mean it can't be used for something else. You take some of those cool amps and put some synths sounds behind it, get some great sounds.

I've used Amplitube and Guitar Rig, liked GR better. Now I have amps and FX built in with Logic 9, but haven't really delved into it yet since I picked up a J-Station last month. It's still pretty good if you tweak the settings a bit.

Overloud's TH2 has tons of sweet metal presets if that's your genre. I trialed it for as long as I could, but since I'm primarily a keyboardist, I had to say no to the purchase.

I've found Recabinet to be a huge value. It really adds life to the sound when you run direct out of an amp. I believe there is no substitute for fine microphones, a good room, tube amps, and someone competent :) - but recabinet is a really good (and cheap) 2nd place.

Hello everyone, im sorry to bother you guys but im new in recording and i cannot get a good sound out of amplitube 3 or podfarm can somebody help me please. :(

Have you ever mic'd a real amp before?? If you have then finding a decent sim'd sound will come much easier than if you have not. It sounds crazy but it is actually true.

Back