guita gear

dolecek1

I bought a line 6 spider 2 weeks ago, but after tryin to tweak it it just doesnt have exactly what im looking for the rtpes of sounds i want are liek carcass, fear factory and fu manchu. I have couple issues here, i thought bout getting a podxt, but could i get those exact soudns out of it into my spider, but then again my spider doesnt have an effects loop., i also heard lot of stuff bought the vox and im thinking this way because im on limited budget tryin to get my sound what do you guys think?

I don't know about carcass, but I don't think a vox is going to get your a sound like Fu Manchu or Fear Factory (which btw, have kinda different sounds.) I would think a Mesa Boogie Triple-Rectifier would get you a sound more like Fu manchu (don't know if that's what they use, but it sounds like it) and something solid state (like a Randall) for fear factory.

EDIT: Upon doing a little research, Fu Manchu uses Marshalls and Fear Factory uses Krank amps. I still think that randall would be the budget way to go for the fear factory sound.

Last edited:
Back