Government Shutdown?

Doors are hard.

Apparently he pulled the false fire alarm in order to stop a vote to temporarily fund the govt for 45 days while negotiations continue. Obviously he hates government workers, wants people to starve, and stuff. It will take a 2/3 vote to expel this insurrectionist, which will require quite a few democrat votes. Surely we can all agree that any Democrat who votes no for expulsion hates democracy, is part of a conspiracy to overthrow our govt, and must face justice in a court of law.

I think the Repubs will try to equal him to the Jan 6 "insurrectionists" and that leaves it open to a thousand theorys and a thousand versions of punishment and a thousand reasons of whatever it is thats the motive of him pulling the fire alarm...... one thing we can all agree on is Politicians tell the truth.

Speaking of fireworks and govt shutdown, did you see where some democrat in the legislature pulled a fire alarm in order to disrupt and halt procedure, stop a vote. Kind of like yelling fire in a crowded theater, isn't it. He and his staff are claiming he was just trying to find a way to open the door, by pulling a fire alarm, and the leftwing press is portraying him as a victim of "Republicans pounce". Yes, you heard that right, a member of the legislature who makes the laws we all must live by is claiming he has a difficult time figuring out how to open a door. I don't think so. It sounds a little insurrectiony. Lil' bit. In the spirit of nobody is above the law and to preserve & protect our precious democracy, we can only hope a really really fair judge and/or jury hands him down one of them over 10 years in prison sentences. Surely we can all agree we cannot tolerate attacks on our precious democracy.
lol

I think the Repubs will try to equal him to the Jan 6 "insurrectionists" and that leaves it open to a thousand theorys and a thousand versions of punishment and a thousand reasons of whatever it is thats the motive of him pulling the fire alarm...... one thing we can all agree on is Politicians tell the truth.

Why shouldn't he be equalled to Jan 6 "insurrectionists"? He breached the law, in the hallowed halls of our capitol, in an effort to interrupt the democratic process.

Speaking of fireworks and govt shutdown, did you see where some democrat in the legislature pulled a fire alarm in order to disrupt and halt procedure, stop a vote. Kind of like yelling fire in a crowded theater, isn't it. He and his staff are claiming he was just trying to find a way to open the door, by pulling a fire alarm, and the leftwing press is portraying him as a victim of "Republicans pounce". Yes, you heard that right, a member of the legislature who makes the laws we all must live by is claiming he has a difficult time figuring out how to open a door. I don't think so. It sounds a little insurrectiony. Lil' bit. In the spirit of nobody is above the law and to preserve & protect our precious democracy, we can only hope a really really fair judge and/or jury hands him down one of them over 10 years in prison sentences. Surely we can all agree we cannot tolerate attacks on our precious democracy.
Yes, I called him an idiot here yesterday... https://homerecording.com/bbs/threads/current-events.423074/

WeI think the Repubs will try to equal him to the Jan 6 "insurrectionists" and that leaves it open to a thousand theorys and a thousand versions of punishment and a thousand reasons of whatever it is thats the motive of him pulling the fire alarm...... one thing we can all agree on is Politicians tell the truth.
There were no insurrectionist on Jan 6. There was a large group of Americans that were protesting the fact that the presidential election was stolen from them so that a potato could be installed in the rightful POTUS's place, while touring a building owned by the people, but that is all. (Except for a capitol cop committing murder) We also don't live in a Democracy, precious or otherwise. We live in a constitutional federal republic.

There were no insurrectionist on Jan 6. There was a large group of Americans that were protesting the fact that the presidential election was stolen from them so that a potato could be installed in the rightful POTUS's place, while touring a building owned by the people, but that is all. (Except for a capitol cop committing murder) We also don't live in a Democracy, precious or otherwise. We live in a constitutional federal republic.
Step away from the bong mate.
Police were brutalized. People died.
Trump lost. It's like gravity... it just is a fact.
There was no "tour". Your people spewed bear spray into the eyes of police, beat them with sticks, poles, and guard rails.
Your people smashed windows, gained illegal entry into the Capitol, took a shit in the Capitol and smeared it on walls.
One of your people after smashing another internal window tried to gain entry into the Speaker's lobby, was warned and then shot to death.
After that, your people tried to overthrow the government by creating fake electors and submitting false documents.

Does that sound like a fucking "tour" to you?
Fuck me... Grow up...
I can't wait for all those assholes to go to jail. Treasonous cunts, the lot.

There was no "tour". Your people spewed bear spray into the eyes of police, beat them with sticks, poles, and guard rails.
Your people smashed windows, gained illegal entry into the Capitol, took a shit in the Capitol and smeared it on walls.
One of your people after smashing another internal window tried to gain entry into the Speaker's lobby, was warned and then shot to death.
After that, your people tried to overthrow the government by creating fake electors and submitting false documents.

Fuck me... Grow up...

You prove yourself over and over of the low information ilk.

"People died"? You're all of a sudden staunchly insistent on evidence, provide proof "people died". Evidence. One person died, an unarmed female shot by a government employee, not at the hands of "insurrectionists". You're like a parrot regurgitating nonsense.

"People died"? You're all of a sudden staunchly insistent on evidence, provide proof "people died". Evidence. One person died, an unarmed female shot by a government employee, not at the hands of "insurrectionists". You're like a parrot regurgitating nonsense.
People died.
Is one not enough for you?
Brian Sicknick dies and you care not.
You don't have to die to be a victim of Jan 6th insurrectionists, you can just be "injured".
Wake up...

People died.
You don't have to die to be a victim of Jan 6th insurrectionists, you can just be "injured".
Wake up...

You're not making sense. You're being overly emotional and irrational. In the English language there is a distinction in the usage of the word "people", in that it means multiple persons. It is a weasel move to imply when you said people died you were referring to a single individual.

In casting aspersions that I care not if someone dies, it is a moronic argument, and unsupported by any evidence you can provide. It is particularly moronic in that the individual you named did not die on Jan 6th at the hands of "insurrectionists", but rather at a later date of natural causes as determined by expert(s) in the field, the coroner. I call you on the factual error of "People died", and not surprisingly you move the goalpost to people were "injured".

Is there any wonder why you are not viewed as a serious person? Wake up, indeed.

People died.
Wake up...

You are wasting your time.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”​

^^ It is amazing the word "cult" is thrown around by these same people.

I try to admit when I am wrong. This is one such occasion. The motivation for having made the statement not withstanding, perhaps Dave was correct when he said "people died". I'm not going to revisit the record, only go by memory, such that it is, or do a search.

Besides the unarmed woman shot in the neck by a government employee who later died, another woman was severely beaten by law enforcement. Video footage shows she was beaten with a long metal rod, even after falling to the ground and apparently unconscious. If I recall correctly, not unlike George Floyd, autopsy revealed she had a lethal quantity of drugs in her system. I think there may have been 2 other protestors on the lawn in the midst of teargas, pepper spray, rubber bullets, and explosives utilized by law enforcement that died there that day, heart failure.

I apologize for my error. I do believe Dave was indeed correct in saying people died at the Jan 6 protest.

Fuck me... Grow up...
Rather than explaining to you why you are full of shit, Im going to go ahead and tell you to fuck off as far as discussing US politics with me. Would have done so sooner had I realized you had dual citizenship, and resided in Canada. When and if you decide to give your full allegiance to this country, and its constitution, I will consider speaking to you on the subject, but as long as you are voting in my country, while living and enjoying citizenship rights in another, don't waste your energy, or my time by commenting on anything I post, as this will be the last time I acknowledge you. You want to talk fishing, biking, or music that will be fine.

The only person that died on Jan 6 was Ashley Babbitt . Not a single law enforcement officer died as a result of the guided tour they gave on the 6. Proof can not be provided, because it doesn't exist.

Rather than explaining to you why you are full of shit, Im going to go ahead and tell you to fuck off as far as discussing US politics with me. Would have done so sooner had I realized you had dual citizenship, and resided in Canada. When and if you decide to give your full allegiance to this country, and its constitution, I will consider speaking to you on the subject, but as long as you are voting in my country, while living and enjoying citizenship rights in another, don't waste your energy, or my time by commenting on anything I post, as this will be the last time I acknowledge you. You want to talk fishing, biking, or music that will be fine.
I agree with him. Can you explain it to me? I fit the necessary criteria of being a US citizen that lives here within the borders.

Back