Got my new guitar today

Nightfire

Aspiring Idiot
After having ordered it Thursday a week ago, and waiting impatiently for 10 days, I finally got my guitar in the mail today.

Its the Xaviere tele, ash body, Honey finish, maple neck. Most of you have heard about these guitars, many of them own you so I'm not gonna bore you by talking about guitarfetish, for those of you who dont know its www.guitarfetish.com
After reading all the rave reviews I figured it was time I tried them out and see what the deal is all about.

First impressions? I have to say, worth it every bit, every cent of the $240 shipped to Canada in a hardshell case!:D;) This is one of the best Chinese tele copies I've seen in this price range, there are better copies but they're also way more expensive.

I got the mismatched top since they threw in a free TLK hardshell case ($90 value) and the mismatch was slight.

Right out of the box, tuned her up and thats all she needed. Pretty close to perfect setup, I am gonna adjust the action a little bit for personal taste, but honestly it came pretty close to perfect for my taste. Nice packaging, great service, sent me a tracking number right aways, nice people.

The sound output is a tiny bit lower than real Teles, just bump up the volume knob on the amp one number and you'll be fine. Sounds real good too. The volume knob doenst seem to do much on the guitar until the last little rotation, tone knob works fine. You can get a great tele twang with the bridge position! I'm not a pro, but for me the pickups really do the job. I would put them up with MIM Tele's.

Anyways, enough talk heres pics!;)

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_2028.jpg
    IMG_2028.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 123

Attachments

• IMG_2030.jpg
    IMG_2030.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2033.jpg
    IMG_2033.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 91
yeah, nice guitar, but i was checking out that room. It's neat; i mean tidy. I don't think i've had a bedroom or music room look that neat. yeah, i know it's a problem. If i can make it in and out without tripping, getting tangled in cords, or pulling something down; i'm doing good.

Thats a great looking Tele-the middle body section has a nice dark heartwood tone to it, it sure looks fine to me. I got one of the 2008 closeout models, a XV-600 Tele-style with an F hole and Dream 180 humbuckers, and I have to agree with all you have stated-and the fretwork is very good, no rough edges at all. The necks are not as fat as most Teles-I thought mine was a bit closer to a Strat-it's very comfortable though!

Thanks guys.

Yeah I keep my stuff fairly tidy haha, probbaly the only thing my momma taught me that I still carry to this day.

The fretwork is indeed very very good, I was expecting crappy pickups and crappy frets at this price range. Tuners seem ok as well, time will tell how well they hold tune:D

As far as the neck goes, I do believe its not as fat as a real Tele, and I like it!:D The darker wood in the middle is the mismatch and thats why it was on clearance.

Time to play.

Mike

Congrats! That is a beautiful guitar. I'm waiting impatiently for them to come back in stock so I can order mine in that color as well!

I also noticed how neat your room is! What will you be playing it through?

Thanks.

It will be played through a Vox Valvetronix, pretty neat little hybrid amp between a tube and a solid state.

Maybe I'll be able to get some soundclips on by the weekend, we'll see.

Mike

Two quick q's! Just want to know what to expect when I get mine.

1. Do you think the pickups need raising in your opinion?

2. How much noise/hum are you getting out of the pups, more or less than your average single coils? The site says the mid position is noise canceling.

Thanks dude! Now I'm split between the trans honey and the trans white with black pickguard-- both are so sweet looking.

Pickup height is a matter of taste. I don't remember fiddling too much. The pickups are excellent examples of tele style, IMO. Certainly no noisier than typical single coils of any design.

For my tastes the pickups didnt need any raising, and I would think for most they wouldnt.
They sound like a Tele and act like a Tele. They can get a little noisy in their single positions, but the middle one is indeed noise cancelling (for the most part).

Mike

Back