Good guitar forums?

rbnalv7

Can anybody suggest some good guitar forums? I found Ultimate-guitar was shit and Mylespaul a bit boring....

Well I wanted to know what I should consider to buy as I want an overdrive pedal to hit a clean valve amp to light breakup. I'm also thinking of getting a Tele soon.

I find it very perplexing that thousands of guitarists appear to be searching for a magical combination of strings, amps, preamp valves, power amp valves FX pedals, pickups, set neck or bolt-on neck, "tonewoods", tuners and every other peripheral thing, but not many of them are concerned with how to write a fucking song.

I find it very perplexing that thousands of guitarists appear to be searching for a magical combination of strings, amps, preamp valves, power amp valves FX pedals, pickups, set neck or bolt-on neck, "tonewoods", tuners and every other peripheral thing, but not many of them are concerned with how to write a fucking song.

Good point...

I have found that the first and most important part is the player.

Bet Angus could make a Crate practice amp sound awesome. Or at least I would forget about the tone and just enjoy the moment. :)

Kapowza!

I just ordered some special guitar picks that yield better music and better playing............

The trouble with most of the guitar only form is that they are populated by a lot of guitarists. Each one with guitarists blinkers and /or a load of preconceived or incorrect assumptions or values.

However the OP is in luck as about the best of them is TDPRI which deals specifically with telecasters. It seems to have escaped the usual dominance of ego inflated opinions that pervade the guitar forms and is populated by a lot of extremely well informed and knowledgeable people. Players/makers/journalists/engineers etc. The general bullshit level is kept low by them much as it usually is here.

Maybe that is what OP is looking for?

Try "The Fretboard"

Not exclusively G&B but there are some very well informed guys on there. Several amplifier techs a couple of whom also build custom amps but at sensible prices.

Even tho' Moderation seems to be virtually non existent it is a very civilized place where you can descend into Anglo-Saxon words about bodily parts and functions if you so wish!

The members started the forum after Future Music Publishing pulled the plug after a lame excuse about "security".

In fact the only worm in the apple is I shall be there!

Dave.

I know you always like to play devil's advocate, but most of the time you're just swinging at air.

I don't get why a thread about an overdrive pedal has to do with songwriting or why being concerned with your tone has to exclude good songwriting or how we even know that OP isn't proficient at both tone and songwriting.
Seems needlessly off topic and dramatic.

I don't get why a thread about an overdrive pedal has to do with songwriting or why being concerned with your tone has to exclude good songwriting or how we even know that OP isn't proficient at both tone and songwriting.
Seems needlessly off topic and dramatic.

Then you should be on board because every time you complain about the content of a thread, which is very often, you're adding to the drama and off-topicness. What on-topic content have you actually added to this thread?

Then you should be on board because every time you complain about the content of a thread, which is very often, you're adding to the drama and off-topicness. What on-topic content have you actually added to this thread?
The blackest kettle...

I don't understand this culture on HR of going into a thread, taking an unhelpful dump in it and leaving.
If it had been on-topic, then yeah, sure but this was just :confused:

The blackest kettle...

I don't understand this culture on HR of going into a thread, taking an unhelpful dump in it and leaving.
If it had been on-topic, then yeah, sure but this was just :confused:

I'm "the blackest kettle"? How? I gave an answer. It's not a very detailed answer, but it is an answer. What did you do besides complain? And seriously, if those "unhelpful dumps" irritate you, then provide some fucking help instead of just whining about the other posts.

Back