FT - Sennheiser 416 for Quality Mic Pre or ?

whyseye

I have a Sennheiser MHK416T shotgun mic, with an adapter for 48v phantom power, so it can easily be used as either a film or video location boom mic, an industry-standard voiceover mic (the VO mic of choice for promos, trailers, etc.), or both. It's in good working condition, with a few cosmetic blemishes of honest wear. Has been used primarily for VO for film and commercial work.
Can include spare XLR cable - no hard case or clip mount. It's a backup for a new Sennheiser MHK 416 P48, so I don't need to sell, but would prefer to have another mic pre in the mix. (In other words, if what you offer is a good deal, but is something that doesn't work for me, please don't be offended if I pass.)
Want to trade for a clean, high quality mic preamp, channel strip or digital converter. I only need one or two channels at most, and require something with low noise floor and lots of clean gain. Willing to consider trades plus or minus cash for the right deal. If you have too many preamps, but no shotguns in the mic locker, maybe we can both come out ahead.

Prefer dealing in lower US 48 if possible. I'm on the the good guys list, and have been around for a while.

PM me for pics or details. Thanks.

No need to justify yourself around here Whyseye. :thumbs up:

Thanks moresound!

Soooo...anybody sitting on something like a spare Avalon, Grace, GAP 73, True P-Solo, ISA One, or something of that nature, and going into video production, perchance?

Right? I've PM'd a trade offer, but I'm guessing that cash is king.

I'm waiting to hear back about the GAP 73, but I'm open to other offers (even from up North for the right deal). :)

I doubt I've got much that would interest you in the way of trades... I'm secretly hoping that you'll get sick of waiting for something tempting and open this up for cash money.

I doubt I've got much that would interest you in the way of trades... I'm secretly hoping that you'll get sick of waiting for something tempting and open this up for cash money.

Give me another day or so, and I probably will. I'll PM you first if I do.

PMs sent and responded.

Mic is still available. Will likely lock this trade thread soon, and go for a cash sale, so if you're interested, and don't want to go into your pocket, now's the time.

Back