From BROOKLYN to Anywhere :)

Yeah, but can he go the other direction and take a warm analog recording make it sound like a bad digital recording? I just have to ask because then I'd really trust the guy, especially since he's got a biased Studer A-80...cutting edge, man.

"a biased Studer A-80"

Always wanted one of those...but all I ever come across are unbiased A-80s. :(

:)

I wonder if his 456 is the sticky kind...I hear that stuff adds an extra layer of warmth to digital mixes.

;)

:D

Yes...if you can mix the squeal of the tape in the tape path in with the program material it is simply intoxicating! :drunk:

Maybe that answers your earlier question...how to take a warm analog recording make it sound like a bad digital recording?

Use sticky tape...add the squeal and noise back into the mix. :D

modern art

Hey man, dont forget, scratching a record wasnt considered musical back in the old days either.

You guys look at this as hilariously in bad taste. But actually i see it as the next generation of young musicians gimmick that will prove how different their tastes are from their boring old uncool parents. Most teenage/early 20s musicians write horribly anyways. The only way to make it more abrasive to fans of classic, well written music would be to add the screeching of tape to the songs, followed by shoddy transfer to digital.

Making music unlistenable is a key talent in getting rich off the music industry in these fast paced hardcore extreme times. This service he provides might just be the "next level" in achieving a listening experience so terrible that it will be an instant hit. Eating shit on purpose, hating the taste of it, but pretending to like it is a key skill in todays fast paced futuristic modern Xtreme high pressure dog-eat-dog hardcore world.

By the way, i work at the mall.

Correction!!!!!

....This service he provides .....
It's NOT "he", it's They (I mean, - THEM <<<< must see! ;) )
"Email your files to us (via yousendit or sendspace) and we lovingly transfer them onto tape, back to digital, and send you back the tape-printed files within 48 hours.

Perfect to do before mastering.

Drop us an email detailing how many songs you want to transfer and we'll provide our paypal and email addresses for the files."

... "is any kind of gas we can use?"
:D :drunk: :D

Back