Fostex Mr8-Hd 40gb 8 Track Recorder (Ireland)

Travis1976

I'm selling my Fostex Mr8-Hd as I'm not getting the time to use it. It hasn't had much use and the hd will be wiped. It comes with original box and manual. I'll throw in a usb lead aswell. €250.00.
Here's what fostex have to say:
The ultimate record-anywhere multitrack.
The new Fostex MR-8HD is not only the easiest to use digital multitrack ever, (if you can operate a tape recorder, you’ll be recording and multitracking within minutes of opening the box), it’s also the best value, best sounding multitracker in its class. All the essential controls are right where you need them - no confusing menus to wade through to crank up the built-in guitar distortion - right there on the top panel. Real knobs. Real faders.

The MR8-HD features 4 balanced phantom powered XLR / unbalanced jack inputs. The 8 tracks record at true uncompressed CD quality to the internal hard drive, there’s the facility for 4 track simultaneous recording, built-in mic and guitar amp simulation, reverb / delay and cool mastering effects. Plus, the USB interface and the WAV file recording make it a snap to transfer recordings to and from a PC for further editing / CD burning.

Each of the MR-8HD’s ‘dual’ mic/line inputs has phantom power for use with professional condenser mics, it’s own level control and clip LED. In addition, Input A features a special guitar input with it’s own analogue distortion level control. Digital Reverb/Delay and guitar amp or mic simulation FX can be added whilst recording any track. All channels feature a 45mm volume fader and dedicated controls for pan and external FX send.

For added flexibility full 8-track bouncing is available complete with digital mastering effects.

In Detail8 Recording Tracks
Ultra-high quality sound - up to 16-bit resolution at 44.1 kHz without quality-sapping compression
4 track Simultaneous Recording
Great for capturing multiple instruments / vocal parts
Extended Recording Time
More than 15 hours of 8-track recording at CD quality
Full 8-track bouncing
Mix-down all tracks in stereo
FAT32 Disc Format and WAV Recording
Plus USB port for easy transfer of recordings to PC. ‘WAV Manager’ software included
S/P DIF Digital Out
For digital mastering to external CD recorder, MD etc.
Fantastic Built-In Digital FX
Including reverbs, delays, guitar amp simulations and microphone simulations
Analogue Guitar Distortion
Plug a guitar right in - awesome distortion available with dedicated control knob
4 XLR Inputs
With phantom power and trim control
Direct CD-RW Connection
Master direct to externally connected USB CD-RW (no PC required. Future software updateFostex_mr8hd.jpg

Back