First Song EVER Recorded!

Cloneboy… that was some good guitar playing for being 17 yrs old and that was a 2nd gen tape?... it was recorded pretty well… good low end of the gtr.

zed32, good sound on that - good balance and clarity. Like true-eurt I don't hear much hip-hop but this was well done.

Scrubucket7, you recorded this when you were 14? Jeez, that’s good. The band sounds older than that… were they?

Scrubs, done at 17 huh? The vocal sounds very mature - like an archival folk music recording from the 20’s.

Tim

Timothy Lawler said:
Cloneboy… that was some good guitar playing for being 17 yrs old and that was a 2nd gen tape?... it was recorded pretty well… good low end of the gtr.

Thanks man!

I learned to play to Master of Puppets, Peace Sells and Among the Living so I had that metal rhythm thing down in a year (at that time I had been playing about 2 1/2 years).

Pretty much all I could do at the time though. :)

Timothy Lawler said:
Scrubs, done at 17 huh? The vocal sounds very mature - like an archival folk music recording from the 20’s.

I'll take that as a compliment. ;)

I've since progressed to recordings that sound like they came from the early 40's. :cool:

HangDawg said:
Here ya go. The first. Kinda funny. I haven't listened to this in years.

As Space put it...Born with an AXE in hand. What is a geetar playing fool like you doing here? :D
And of course I am partial to the sound. The 70's psycho-derelick years. :eek:

BoWl mUsIc!!!!!!!!!!

Dogman said:
Man, those were all so cool, I probably shouldn't post anything. But, I am trashed, and have nothing better to do, so will dig something up from the computer. I was in 4 different "bands" at once back in the 80's. Bands is a loose term, as they were th esame people, but the name changed depending on what we were playing at the time. Mainly covers. Everything from Hendrix/Sabbath to Dokken and Metallica. Most of what we recorded was instrumental, as the singer refused to show, so I took over there. That was the end, as some of you have heard me sing. Not pretty.
This is not the first recording I did, but the first original we wrote and recorded. I think I am the only one not dead or doing time in the greybar hotel. May be the only one who remebers much. This is about 25,000 beers ago. It sucks ass. Listen and laugh.

Hey, DOG!...I finally was able to start downloading the rest of these tunes, and just finished listening to yours......I'm not laughing. I loved that tune. I agree with TIM, I don't want to be a junkie......... Unless it is a music junkie, then I have been that all my life. :eek:
I really dug the lead, but was not long enough. The beat was great. I liked the slow beat, that mellowed it all out. The singing wasn't bad either. I do not know why it is, but I can barely hear a bass line on most of the tunes I listen to. Am I *Bass deaf* or what?
Anyways, I got off. Thanks for the entertainment. :D

ecktronic said:
Wrong link. I forgot to put the link up at first. Sorry.
OLD is under ELECTRIC.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/archamedies_music.htm
Now I am really confused. I listened to OLD. There is an ELECTRIC there also. Did I listen to the right one? :confused:

I like this song better than any I have heard of yours. The recording may not be the best, but this is a wow song for me. I especially like the way you *played* with the different tones of the guitar. It really made for some cool listening.
Was that a synth, or what? I liked that.
You have a good song there Ectronick. :)

EDIT: You can see I didn't read all the reviews, before posting. I now see that it is piano.

This isn't the absolute first I ever recorded, but it's as far back as I can find right now. It's about 2 years old, from back when I was still VERY new to recording.

Amazing Love (Remix 2)
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/sile2001_music.htm

It was recorded in my bedroom through a crappy Behringer 6 channel (2 mic, 4 line) mixer into a Soundblaster Live soundcard. Really the one (sort of) good thing we had going for us was that the singer had a Shure Beta 87 that we used for the vocals.

This is basically just me and a friend. He did the main acoustic guitar and the vocals, and I did the backup acoustic, bass, keys, and electric (both rhythm and Ebow). After tracking all of that, we thought "hey, drums would be cool", but neither of us were drummers nor had a drumkit. Amazingly enough, it turns out that we had maintained a perfectly consistent tempo WITHOUT using a click track. So without any other resources available, we used the crappy drum loop built into the Casio keyboard I used for the piano part, and it worked ok. A couple of weeks later I had the chance to play around with Reason a little, and (knowing nothing about Reason or looping or anything), decided to make a loop track for the song. Now I would make an entirely different loop, but I'm pretty happy with how it all came out given my resources and experience at the time.

Sounds pretty good, sile. You should hear some of my early drum tracks (straight from the Casio keyboard). **Shiver**

Nice song Sile, lots of cool stuff going on. Very musical. That is funny how the drums fit in, it does sounds pretty good considering what you did. I wouldn't have been able to do it.

true-eurt said:
Hey, DOG!...I finally was able to start downloading the rest of these tunes, and just finished listening to yours......I'm not laughing. I loved that tune. I agree with TIM, I don't want to be a junkie......... Unless it is a music junkie, then I have been that all my life. :eek:
I really dug the lead, but was not long enough. The beat was great. I liked the slow beat, that mellowed it all out. The singing wasn't bad either. I do not know why it is, but I can barely hear a bass line on most of the tunes I listen to. Am I *Bass deaf* or what?
Anyways, I got off. Thanks for the entertainment. :D
Thanks, True. I t was written while watching tv, and drinking. There used to be a commercial where they said something about noone wanting to be a junkie when they groe up, and we took that, and ran. Too bad a few guys I knew really wanted to be junkies. They succeded.
Ed

VSpaceBoy said:
So I've been cleaning house (on my hard drive) and came across the first song I had ever recorded. I thought it would be funny to share. (so many flaws)

Song: Bend and Break
Gear: Tascam Porta7 4 track.
Acoustic ($70 pawn shop)
Elec. Guit (free from uncle)
Crybaby (traded)
Peavy mic
Casio keyboard

It was made in '92 when I was 15 years old. I remember that I wrote the song, and my friend sang it. I also remeber when I was playing the acoustic he was holding the mic aimed at the sound hole for me. Man those were the days.

Anyone else care to share your devirginizing song?

Sounds really cool - you should hear some of Incanus's early stuff. This reminds me a lot of that, except without being drenched in reverse reverb.

Nice stuff - very quiet.

-C

Supercreep said:
Sounds really cool - you should hear some of Incanus's early stuff. This reminds me a lot of that, except without being drenched in reverse reverb.

Nice stuff - very quiet.

-C

Glad you enjoyed it. Got anything to share?

VSpaceBoy said:
Glad you enjoyed it. Got anything to share?

I'll talk to Incanus tonight - he's going to help me run a session - and we'll see what we can dig up.

You are going to help me with the session tonight, RIGHT INCANUS???!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well, here is my first song, I recorded at 14 years old (almost 15).

I had owned and only known how to play my acoustic and electric guitars for only 5 months at the time.

I went to MARS one night and bought a stand, a marshall V67, an XLR cable, a 1/4" cable, and an ART Tube MP.

The end result is this:

Hmmmm

Timothy Lawler said:
An instrumental "song without words" I wrote and recorded on nylon str gtr when I was 16. Done w/a cassette machine, so there's plenty of hiss. I was sad and lonely when I wrote it, but the thing I was sad about changed for the better shortly after writing the song.

Tim

Tim, tell Monkey he did a good job.....I know you stole this from him.... :D

(Cool song, and pretty good recording, in reality...)
Ed

Back