First Song EVER Recorded!

Timothy Lawler said:
Are you going to post a tune true-eurt? You've got my ear as soon as it's up.

Tim
I really do hope to have one up for everyones *entertainment*.LOL..I will put it up here, and pretend it is my first. :D Actually, I am in the midst of learning to use my Tascam midi 688 studio. Slooooowly. :D But I am doing better. If my music Bud gets some free time, then he could help me out. Or better yet record it on his gear. He is much more knowledgable than I.
So I will be looking forward to all of my friends here giving it a listen, and spanking if necessary. :eek: :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman
He said it's up.....That's pretty funny....Oh, wait.....Are you talking about music? Sorry, I'll leave now....

True said:
LMAO DOG!!!
I guess I walked right into that one.

Tim

I will put it up here, and pretend it is my first.
Whatever you do you'll probably be braver than I was with my first post. To confess... I used a children’s' song I did as a song leader with a bunch of primary grade kids as a first test mp3 here so I wouldn't be too much at risk. I found it to be kind of a surreal feeling to break from the mode of talking to that of posting music.

Tim

Timothy Lawler said:
I guess I walked right into that one.

Tim
:D :D :D There seems to be a lot of *walking* into things around here. We are what could be referred to, as members whose brains work with *different* processing faculties...

ok...here's the first song (i'm pretty sure this is the first) i recorded. it's a short hip-hop tune i recorded for a buddy of mine way back in my highschool days. i recrded the vocals with a SM58 into a Behringer mixer which was plugged into the line-in of the stock sound card on my old computer. i recorded into Cool Edit and mixed the song in Acid Pro and used the effects that came w/ the program. some of the sounds were Acid loops, and some of them i did on a Roland XP10. since the time of the recording, i re-mixed (probably a couple years ago) the song so it sounds a little better than it did the first time i mixed it. now i'm more of a rocker myself, but my buddy here was a hip-hop kinda guy, so i threw together a beat for him and recorded him just for the heck of it. keep in mind i don't really know how to make a hip-hop song so its OK to laugh :o . i can never really understand his lyrics though haha, although i think i memorized em from all the time i spent mixing the song and doing the effects and shit. i did a couple more songs for him later which came out OK. anyway here it is:

:o :o

Reactions: XLR
wow...well, this isnt my FIRST, but it is the first i had a mediocre set up on. its also one of the first songs i ever recorded of a full band. The music sucks, and the recording isnt very good either. Alot of clipping and such. I probably did this about a years ago. My equipment was something like -

Zoom MRS-4
Behringer ub1202
Shure KSM109
other various microphones
mixed in acid pro 4.0

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/ffr_music.htm

the song is called This is Life (truely terrible song)

And oh yea, very good job everyone else.

zed32 said:
ok...here's the first song (i'm pretty sure this is the first) i recorded. it's a short hip-hop tune i recorded for a buddy of mine way back in my highschool days. i recrded the vocals with a SM58 into a Behringer mixer which was plugged into the line-in of the stock sound card on my old computer. i recorded into Cool Edit and mixed the song in Acid Pro and used the effects that came w/ the program. some of the sounds were Acid loops, and some of them i did on a Roland XP10. since the time of the recording, i re-mixed (probably a couple years ago) the song so it sounds a little better than it did the first time i mixed it. now i'm more of a rocker myself, but my buddy here was a hip-hop kinda guy, so i threw together a beat for him and recorded him just for the heck of it. keep in mind i don't really know how to make a hip-hop song so its OK to laugh :o . i can never really understand his lyrics though haha, although i think i memorized em from all the time i spent mixing the song and doing the effects and shit. i did a couple more songs for him later which came out OK. anyway here it is:

I like it alot!! You did a great job, it sounds good on my system.

Scrubucket7 said:
wow...well, this isnt my FIRST, but it is the first i had a mediocre set up on. its also one of the first songs i ever recorded of a full band. The music sucks, and the recording isnt very good either. Alot of clipping and such. I probably did this about a years ago. My equipment was something like -

Zoom MRS-4
Behringer ub1202
Shure KSM109
mixed in acid pro 4.0

I don't think its a bad song, the recording is just very "garage". I bet that song was fun to jam to!

Thanks for sharing.

zed32 said:

That was cool Zed....And I am not really a big fan of Hip-Hop. I did like this. :)

Fun thread. I'll play. This tune was recorded when I was 17, using a cheap Recoton mic (the kind used to record lectures and stuff) and a Sony dual cassette boombox. It's called "Only My Echo" and is presented here with copious amounts of tape hiss, pops, crackles, out of tune guitars, and pitchy, oversung vocals. Enjoy!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/antipodes_music.htm

scrubs said:
Fun thread. I'll play. This tune was recorded when I was 17, using a cheap Recoton mic (the kind used to record lectures and stuff) and a Sony dual cassette boombox. It's called "Only My Echo" and is presented here with copious amounts of tape hiss, pops, crackles, out of tune guitars, and pitchy, oversung vocals. Enjoy!

YES, thats RAW baby! Was that you singing? You sure as hell didn't sound 17. Nice little song.

VSpaceBoy said:
YES, thats RAW baby! Was that you singing? You sure as hell didn't sound 17. Nice little song.

Yup, me singing. Puberty hit my vocal cords pretty hard. :D

scrubs said:

Does not sound like young dude...Your voice matured earlier than you eh? :D

I really liked the guitar part in it. It is a real catchy tune.

Did you go on to refine it?

Scrubucket7 said:

Zoom MRS-4
Behringer ub1202
Shure KSM109
mixed in acid pro 4.0

That was good..... :D

true-eurt said:
Does not sound like young dude...Your voice matured earlier than you eh? :D

I really liked the guitar part in it. It is a real catchy tune.

Did you go on to refine it?

I'm of the opinion that men stop maturing around age 18-21 anyway, so my voice wasn't that far ahead. :cool:

And, no, I never re-recorded that tune. I tend to leave songs as musical 'snapshots' of a particular moment in time, rather than incessantly tinkering with them every time I upgrade my recording equipment &/or abilities. Not that I'm not tempted, I just would rather move on to something new.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Back