Finding a rapper,

GazEcc

mBallstát atá tiomanta
Hey guys,

I wrote a song a while ago as a tribute for an old friend of mine and its pretty much demo'd but someone threw forth the idea of putting a rapper on the track during the break, after all he was into rap aswell as rock and its got that sorta grove to it.

Whats the best way to find a rapper because they seem to have a very different attitude to you know normal session musicians. should I just try out 5 lads and pay the ones i need? or should I work with one to get the best performance I can etc.

all opinions appreciated, also, should I write the rap or let him / her "freestyle" it

This is the track -

Its very bare and the mix is terrible but its only to get the feel going,

would I be better not using a rapper and instead using another idea for the fill, like lead or something?

I've found that running my voice through an octave pedal makes me sound like michael clarke duncan

I can't rap, I'm that white i get sunburn under a 60w bulb, but i've been talking to some people and getting mixed reviews, anyone listen to the demo no?

Yesterday I found a rapper in the pantry eating my bread, Then I heard noises under the sink and found there was one there too. After more checking I found two more rappers behind the TV chewing the wires and six in the garage who ran away and hid when I turned on the light.
I think I have an infestation

hey am a rapper? and mate pay me £5 and i'll do it. Search me on youtube 'rs funky' my last music video got on sky tv and ive had over 120,000 hits. I got a focusrite saffire 6 audio interface, a se electronics x1 mic and both apple macbookpro i5 and a windows i5. software i own: cubase 6 elements, garageband, logic pro 9..:)

send me a watermarked sample?

I rap, but Idk If you would be interested in me. Tell you what, you check out some of my music, see if you like it, and we can go from there.

Ok just to clear up I posted a link to the song I need the rap on, I'm open to ideas

Nice chilled instrumental with a nice beat. Don't write the lyrics for the Rapper. Any emcee worth his/her salts will write the lyrics him/herself. Freestyling off the dome is an option but most will actually take the time to write their lyrics and that's my recommendation when it comes to helping craft a song. Find one that actually writes (of course that's just my opinion).

Not all rappers have a different attitude from other 'normal session musicians'. We can actually be a very professional breed (some of us anyway) :)

Back