Fender Jazz Sandblast

Never liked the body shape of a jazz bass, but damn, lovin that sculptured wood grain.

Have fun with it.

Never liked the body shape of a jazz bass, but damn, lovin that sculptured wood grain.

Have fun with it.

The wood grain is very cool, and has texture.

Not a big fan of this body style either. Giant strat....but it seems to be an industry standard and they do sound great. And I really like how it plays, much easier than my Epi T-Bird.

Let us know how it plays and how the frets are dressed. Also whether the frets are comfortable on the edges of the neck. The MIM Fender J-basses seem to be improving in recent years. Enjoy!

Well, I, for one, love the Jazz bass body. And the sandblasted ones are the coolest yet. Sure wish i had the money for one. Congrats.

Have fun with it.

I agree. I have J bass that I almost didn't get because the body was fugly. It looks like a Stratocaster with a brain tumor.

I hope you only paid 2/3 of the price given that 1/3 of the strings are missing!

Other than that, looks great.

Let us know how it plays and how the frets are dressed. Also whether the frets are comfortable on the edges of the neck. The MIM Fender J-basses seem to be improving in recent years. Enjoy!

Sweetwater sets their guitars up before they ship them to you. The frets are nicely dressed, no sharp edges. The action is a bit low to my liking, but very playable. This bass has a tapered neck, so it's easy to fret in 1st position.
I don't have much experience with basses, but I really dig the tone. Vs. my Epi T-Bird, easier to play and brighter sounding. T-Bird has more umph, darker, lower.
The only reason I'm selling the Epi is to get a better Epi bass, neck through construction.

I like the prominence of the wood grain with this finish. I also love the Jazz body. Both how a Jazz looks and how it sounds appeals to me much more than a P does (IMO, YMMV, NTTAWWT, etc).

Nice instrument!

I'm going to be picking up a new Jazz this summer, I think. Yeah. Just talked myself into it. It is the only way to alleviate the jealousy I am feeling when looking a this thread. See? Who says that jealousy is an ugly emotion?

Back