Fat Tone Skinny Price????

Innovations

I noticed that the banners are now including a brand of microphone that I have never heard of.

So, has anybody here actually tried one?

they certainly seem like a decent budget mic from what I've seen on their web site. Sound samples aint bad at all.

they certainly seem like a decent budget mic from what I've seen on their web site. Sound samples aint bad at all.

I wouldn't exactly call them a budget mic. They are obviously very inexpensive, but the sound is not "good for the money" it is good period.

I would put them in the same category as my ksm44, adk hamburg, ev re15, md421, etc,. These are all mics I just like to use because they are good mics (all with their own flavor).

They are great on drum overheads, guitar cabs (my favorite condenser for this purpose), and most any instrument you want to sit nicely in the mix, while retaining its detail.

I'm not a fan of it on vocals, but for instruments it is a solid workhorse.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but I find myself using these mics very regularly, and have been very impresed.

Solafide said:
I wouldn't exactly call them a budget mic. They are obviously very inexpensive, but the sound is not "good for the money" it is good period.

I would put them in the same category as my ksm44, adk hamburg, ev re15, md421, etc,. These are all mics I just like to use because they are good mics (all with their own flavor).

They are great on drum overheads, guitar cabs (my favorite condenser for this purpose), and most any instrument you want to sit nicely in the mix, while retaining its detail.

I'm not a fan of it on vocals, but for instruments it is a solid workhorse.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but I find myself using these mics very regularly, and have been very impresed.

Ok, how much did they pay you?

Ok, how much did they pay you?

Nothing I'm afraid!

Have you ever used one? I got a matched pair for around $140 shipped with their introductory offer. I really wasn't expecting much from them - I bought them more out of curiosity (the have a no risk trial period), but I quickly decided to keep them.

I'm not trying to hype them here, but really they are just good solid mics.

If I were to spend $100 on a cheep chinese mic, I'd expect to get a mic that sounds ok when soloed but put it into a mix, and its just a pain. These mics are not like that.

I just actually sold alot of my cheaper (sub 300) mics that I don't use anymore (RODE, etc.), but these are staying right where they are.

I've used alot of budget mics when I was starting out, and normally they sound the part (with some exceptions, like 603's on accustic), but although these have their own sound, budget is not an adjective I would ever use for them.

Back