ezdrummer

emokid

how do you apply eq/compression/<any other effect> to individual drum tracks, instead of the whole track?

I mean, the eq/compression scheme you would use on a bass drum shouldnt/wouldnt be used on any other component of a drum kit!

btw, ive tried creating several instrument tracks and opening an instance of ezdrummer on each one, but this feels sloppy, and it just doesnt seem like the right way to do this.

I don't use drum programs, but from what I've heard, the samples seem to be already pretty heavily processed. You'll probably just make things worse.

You need to route the individual EZD mixer outs to seperate midi tracks and process in this way. I think by default the mixer is set to a master stereo output but by clicking on the buttons under faders, you should be able to process each sample individually. The EZD samples are much closer to the finished product than the SD sounds (by design, I might add) but its nice to have the flexibility to compress the o/hs.

post 2 + post 3 = a great answer.

Opening ezdrummer too many times in your project is going to put your machine to the test. I don't reccomend it.

Do as post 3 indicates. That is what i do.

And to add to what greg said i wouldn't mess arround tooooo much with what they give you to work with. It's pretty well done for you.

If your going ot adjust stuff it's going to be minor, or start doing reference checks by checking your mix in other systems, your car, home stereo dvd player through the tv....

anything.

You may be suprised.

okay well ill try those out.
While the default drum samples are fairly decent, ive been getting really good results by doing some minor eq/compression.

And also, i do agree that it is very sloppy to use a separate ezdrummer insert for every drum, but i discovered a way to have 10 ezdrummer inserts on and have it use the same processing power and memory as having only 1 ezdrummer insert in.

okay well ill try those out.
While the default drum samples are fairly decent, ive been getting really good results by doing some minor eq/compression.

And also, i do agree that it is very sloppy to use a separate ezdrummer insert for every drum, but i discovered a way to have 10 ezdrummer inserts on and have it use the same processing power and memory as having only 1 ezdrummer insert in.

The biggest difference I found when using drummer was to set the pad sensitivity on my e drums correctly. Unless you enjoy ours of hand-editing velocity metres that is...

Can I ask what your work around is for multiple instances of EZD?

There are templates for most DAWs available from toontracks website that split the output of each drum to a separate track/bus or whatever your DAW uses so you can process them separately

There are templates for most DAWs available from toontracks website that split the output of each drum to a separate track/bus or whatever your DAW uses so you can process them separately

thanks ill give that a look!

The biggest difference I found when using drummer was to set the pad sensitivity on my e drums correctly. Unless you enjoy ours of hand-editing velocity metres that is...

Can I ask what your work around is for multiple instances of EZD?

i dont have a midi controller. I program all my drums in guitar pro. once you get used to it, its surprising how fast you can program a whole song.

If i absolutely feel the need to be able to proces each drum separately, i will.

So lets say i want 10 ez drummer tracks. If i try to open 2 or 3, then itll crash. But heres how you do it: Insert ezdrummer, and cancel the drum loading so you are using 0 MB of virtual memory. Then copy the isntrument track containing ezdrummer 5, 6, 7, 8, howe4ver many times. It wont crash or take any loading time ebcause you are loading something that takes 0 MB. Then, for each instrument, load only one drum.

So for a basic one, i will have 8 ezdrummer inserts. Each one only has 1 drum activated; one insert that has only a snare, one insert that only has a hi hat,etc. for each drum .
Then i just send the same midi to all of them. I dont ahve to worry about having 10 ezdrummers playingf the same thing. Technically, they will all be playing the same thing, but since each individual insert has only 1 drum, that one drum will only be dtriggered. Tehn, i can apply my own eq/compression to individual drums.

It works, but i REALLY do not liek doing it this way. It is extremely sloppy, and its hard to keep track of everything.

guys...

you don't need to do this that i am aware of? Like templates and stuff... gay.

In the plugin interface if you open the mixer settings (in ezdrummer) you can assign whatever track you want to whatever piece you like??? Kick on track one, snare top and snare bottom on track 4 or 19 or whatever ?

Maybe i am missing something in the conversation?

But i have full control over each piece by track.

I insert the kit as a VST instrument, a little pop up pops up and says a bunch fo shit about assignin stuff to their own tracks ... a total of 8.. so i say yes to that then i go into the mixer in ezdrummer, and assign the kick snare etc to whatever track?

It defualts to send a stero mix to track 1, but just click on all those 'track 1' labels and tell it where to go.....

Worst explanation ever but i dont have pictures with me right now.

Back