EQ Monitoring Software?

SuperCharger

I'm trying to record a demo for my band, using equipment I have at home. All the instruments have been recorded (vocals are yet to be done). I've been reading alot of posts and articles about EQ'ing. I've never really messed around with this too much in the past as I try to get the best sound as im recording, rather than changing it after. However there are a few things i'd like to adjust in the song, like some parts have too much bass.

I'm using the EQ software that comes as standard with Vegas 4, which seems to be ok, but what I'd like to go with it is some EQ monitoring, so I can see what the frequency ranges are doing. I'm relying on my ears alone at the moment, but some monitoring would be nice.

Can someone recommend something for me? For all I know there could be something already in Vegas that I can use that I'm yet to find it.

Thanks

Look for "spectrum analyzer."

I don't know if there's one in Vegas... Long time ago on that one...

If there isn't, I'm sure there's a decent freeware/shareware DX spectrum analyzer out there somewhere...

Someone chime in yah?

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Inspector is a fantastic plugin but I don't think it will work with Vegas. I think Elemental Audio offers Inspector in VST/AU/RTAS and Vegas requires Direct X.

Ahh thanks alot, thats looks like the sort of thing I need. But indeed it is a VST pluggin and I can only use Direct X :-(

Any DX ones available?

Back