Enviroment Important?

Is decoration important

• Full out bright lights and secretaries

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jonhall5446

I got to looking around my studio (should be called small space dedicated for recording) and I realized how much stuff I had decorated with to create a mellow enviroment. Sometimes I'll get in there with the lights down and the candles going. Other times I'll have the lights blaring and have more of a work-like atmosphere.

So my question to you is...

How important is creating an "enviroment" for the artists recording in your studio? Do you want to work in a place with lava lamps and tapestries or is it a professional situation with professional decoration?

I have a professional environment WITH low-lighting and lava lamps.... clients are constantly telling me how much they love the atmosphere!

Envronment is extremely important.

Although I am not done with my total remodel of this house into a recording studio. I have fielded opinions from clients past and present and the shape of things, look of the lobbies and lounge areas are noted to be very important to them. They want to feel comfortable and relaxed when cutting.

They love the colors I am using and the furniture I have been buying. Oh yeah and that Air Conditioning. LOL

It's very important.

As a lot of my clients are family people, we are developing a family oriented/kid friendly studio. We have a room with kid sized Gtr's, Kid sized Drum kit and the like to keep the kids busy while they record.

My studio room was redecorated last year by my girlfriend, who carried out my wish for an Aztec-style room. It's got mottled red walls, wooden plinths with Aztec idols on, and various other things on the wall.

It looks nice when I'm in there at night, as the single desk lamp makes the room dimly lit.

I'm thinking of getting a lava lamp though, now I've seen other people's studios with them in...

Hmmm.....

Back