effects order for direct recording?

It won't matter what order they are in because those pedals will sound like crap when direct recorded. You really need something that was made for direct recording to get a decent sound. Try to find a used Line6 Guitarport or a Behringer V-amp Pro.

One question for you. If you have a RP-80. According to a web site i checked it has all those effects and pedals other than the whah pedal. why not just use the compression, flange, ect that is built into the RP-80?

Someone else can give you advice on where to put the Whah pedal. I think it would be first in line right after your guitar, but not sure.

If you use the RP-80 for direct recording, make sure you turn ON the speaker modleing function. I believe you do that by unplugging the powerpack, hold down a button, then while holding down the button plug the power pack back in. look closely in the owners manual, im not sure which button it is.

then when you go back to playing through your amp you want to turn the speaker modleing back off.

I think with the speaker modling, you should be able to get close to a pod quality sound, just check your internal levels on your rp80 so nothing is distorting. You should be able to go direct right into a mixingboard even for live, or into a recording device. AS LONG AS THE SPEAKER MODLEING IS TURNED ON. Otherwise it will sound bad.

Hold the "drum machine" button down while you turn the power on.

Its either on or off, no choices of what kind of speaker modleing.

Its all coming back to me for some reason. I owned a digitech a while back.

Back