Edirol (Roland) UA-1D

quarx

Hi,
Does anyone here in this forum use the Edirol UA-1D (USB Digital Audio Interface)? I would like to record the tracks from my Roland Fantom FA-76 to the laptop... It is apparently a bit old (this Edirol) - so probably it is not an USB2 device... Is this bad or has no impact on the digital signal transfered to the laptop? Does anyone has experience with this product - the UA-1D?

Thanks in advance
Quarx

I use one to mixdown my 880EX to Audacity. It works fine, I believe it is USB 1.0, and it is limited to 16 bit (obviously not an issue with the EX). I have also used it a couple times to record backing tracks onto the Roland for laughs, which also worked fine.

USB 1.0 has plenty of speed to move two channels of audio, IMO.

Last edited:
Is there a significant drop in quality (roland has 24bit outs) because of 16bit...? I would use it as a portable studio option... (to record some tracks from roland to my laptom).

quarx said:
Hi,
Does anyone here in this forum use the Edirol UA-1D (USB Digital Audio Interface)? I would like to record the tracks from my Roland Fantom FA-76 to the laptop... It is apparently a bit old (this Edirol) - so probably it is not an USB2 device... Is this bad or has no impact on the digital signal transfered to the laptop? Does anyone has experience with this product - the UA-1D?

Thanks in advance
Quarx
The Edirol UA-1D will resample the digital signal between your interface and laptop . Whether that's a loss of quality depends on one's perspective.It is DEFINITELY NOT bit perfect though.
x...I can tell you about the cousin of that device..the edirol ua-5. I know at least a hundred or more archivists that use the ua-5 to record with. The ua-5 IS bit perfect, is only about 180 bucks(on ebay or other places..)..but check your PM...

teddy

Back