DP-24 Monitor Out cable?

Michael O'Regan

Is there a cable which will connect Monitor Out (2 x balanced TRS) to the L and R RCA inputs in my powered speakers?
I guess I'm looking for a Dual 1/4" TRS to Dual RCA cable, if such a thing exists??
I can't seem to locate one.

rca is unbalanced, is it not? you don't really need TRS in the monitor out jack, just use an unbalanced 1/4" tip/sleeve to rca cable. they should be easy to find.

The Tascam stereo outs are not controlled by the volume knob on the right side of the DP24. They're a fixed line out value I think and that will mean you'll have to control your monitor volume at the controls on the front of the right side monitor. If the front controls are within easy reach from where you listen.........then you have no problem.

Yeah, the controls are within easy reach. Guess, I'll leave it as it is, then.

What's the difference in the signals I'm getting from either Stereo Out or Monitor Out? Does it matter at any stage in recording, mixing or mastering?

Yeah, the controls are within easy reach. Guess, I'll leave it as it is, then.

What's the difference in the signals I'm getting from either Stereo Out or Monitor Out? Does it matter at any stage in recording, mixing or mastering?

Maybe the monitor output lets you solo tracks. I don't know, rtfm.

The fm is not too clear. If you don't, as you say, know, then no need to reply!!

The manual clearly states (page 48) that the unit has a solo function and it's logical to assume that function is heard at one output (probably Monitor Out) and not others. Elsewhere in the manual it suggests that the headphone output and the monitor output carry the same signal, so if you get the solo function to work in headphones it probably also applies to the Monitor Out.

It makes no difference at any stage of recording, mixing or mastering. The monitor / headphone out signal is basically variable (via the on-board DP24 control) and the stereo out is not. They're at different levels as well. I think a typical setup would be the stereo outs to a sound system / stereo system...................and the monitor outs would go to powered monitors wherein the volume controls on the monitors might be maxed out and the final volume controlled from the DP24.

The manual clearly states (page 48) that the unit has a solo function and it's logical to assume that function is heard at one output (probably Monitor Out) and not others. Elsewhere in the manual it suggests that the headphone output and the monitor output carry the same signal, so if you get the solo function to work in headphones it probably also applies to the Monitor Out.

So, they're both the same. Why, thank you so much.

It makes no difference at any stage of recording, mixing or mastering. The monitor / headphone out signal is basically variable (via the on-board DP24 control) and the stereo out is not. They're at different levels as well. I think a typical setup would be the stereo outs to a sound system / stereo system...................and the monitor outs would go to powered monitors wherein the volume controls on the monitors might be maxed out and the final volume controlled from the DP24.

Cool. Thanks.

So, they're both the same. Why, thank you so much.

Does the solo work on the RCA stereo outs? If yes then use whatever output is convenient. If no then the Monitor Out is probably the better option.

Honestly, I was trying to give you enough information to let you figure it out yourself, but I guess you prefer to be spoon fed the answers. Best of luck with that.

Back