Don't mind this post.

umm, those links won't work with the ... in the middle of them ;).

As far as midi goes, there are some midi to usb cables that might work for you. I've heard of driver problems with them though, so make sure the store you get them has a good return policy.

You also need a converter to change the analog audio into digital audio. Make sure the laptop you plan on getting has a FireWire port on it. If it doesn't you are at a serious disadvantage of using the converters built in to the line in and they usually sound worse than garbage.

MAudio MoblePre 2x2 is what I'm guessing you are going for, and that has phantom power. I don't know what product #2 is. Mics are usually a matter of personal preferance, and I haven't heard the MXL so I can't comment.

Any particular reason you're getting a second identical laptop? You may do better by getting a cheaper desktop for your internet computer and using the laptop you have now as an audio computer, and put the money you save into a better mic/pre/converter/hdd/etc. If you do any hard core gaming the cheaper computer may not be your cup o'tea though.

lol. no.. any comments help.

no worries. :)

Kryptik said:
Any particular reason you're getting a second identical laptop? You may do better by getting a cheaper desktop for your internet computer and using the laptop you have now as an audio computer, and put the money you save into a better mic/pre/converter/hdd/etc. If you do any hard core gaming the cheaper computer may not be your cup o'tea though.
haha im not.

someone is buying this inspiron 6000 from me. its a celeron processor of 1.4 and 248MB ram. LOL too slow for recording.

the new laptop im getting is going to probably be another inspiron 6000 only with a pentium M 1.73 processor with 1 GB ram.

I'm still keepin my eyes open to other laptops, though. we'll see

i just want one fast enough that will work with me

im still confused about all of this firewire and phantom power, and this and that though.

:eek:

Back