Does this kind of adaptor exist?

sbesozzi

Alright, so I used to have a pair of M-AUDIO AV30 which had a RCA connector that I used to connect both my soundcard and my PS3 (with a input switch). Now I switched to the BX8, but they only have 1/4' connectors and XLR connectors on each of them. I use the 1/4' for my soundcard. That leaves the XLR connector. My PS3 only has a RCA output. So, is there some kind of adaptor where both RCA cables connect to and outputs as two separate mono(left and right) XLR connectors? (see the picture) Or is there any other way to use the BX8 for my PS3??

Thanks

ADAptor.jpg

I wouldn't use both inputs at the same time. Look into getting a small mixer with XLR output.

This isn't a bad idea. You could get a cheapo Behringer like this...

Behringer Xenyx 502 | Sweetwater.com

And then use the TRS outputs for mains with a TRS/XLR cable like this...

For only $5.34 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 10ft Premier Series XLR Male to 1/4inch TRS Male 16AWG Cable (Gold Plated)

So you'd basically run the RCA from the PS3 into the RCA inputs, run the RCA out the main outputs (I believe there's a button on the 502 that says "CD/Tape to Main Mix"), then use the TRS/XLR cables to come out of the Behringer board from the TRS outputs, and into the monitors through the XLR end.

yes

However, that is the opposite direction you need, and they don't have any female RCA to male XLR, though it wouldn't be an impossible connection to find, its unlikely. You'll probably need to do two adapters per speaker. RCA to TS, TS to XLR.

Back