Do I Have to Put SEX in the Title?

So, my pushy-huggy ways did work. :)

I haven't been around long, so comments regarding this are well founded.

Regarding my song, this is what I've been waiting for. Yes, the midi stuff is boring. I'm really just an acoustic guitarist, singer ad songwriter. And what this means is that all my live performances are just that. The 1-2-3-4 chord structure just seemed to work in this song. I was hoping that the story and melody kept it interesting, but it's probably worth my while looking at injecting some variation. Stereo guitars: hey, I'm new to this stuff and it's just something I tried to fill out the space. Too much in this case.

I live in country Victoria - exactly in the middle of the bush. My closest neighbour is about 500 metres away, but currently lives in LA (USA), so that's even further, I think.

Thanks for your comments!

Consider getting a cheap bass - makes a hell of a difference. Consider getting a decent piece of drum software, or spending more time on what you have to get it sounding better. Consider a "real" mic and interface. I'm not sure of your financial position but if you can scrounge $1000-$1500 to invest in your hobby it'll make the world of difference... you don't have to get everything at once! You can play guitar and you can clearly sing (much better than I can) so there's no reason you can't get right into this if you want to.

For context, I'm a guitarist / singer in an acoustic duo with a singer / guitarist (note the different emphasis!) - two acoustic guitars / two voices - we play songwriters nights etc. upon occasion. Have a listen to the track I post next week and you'll have an idea where you can take your music (if you want to that is...) in terms of sound / instrumentation etc. in the home recording space. It absolutely won't sound like two guys strumming acoustic guitars and singing.:eek:

Country Victoria eh? I'm actually going on a three week road trip round your state in a month's time, in lieu of having an overseas holiday this year (I'm in Sydney). Down the coast road, Eden, Metung, Foster, Rye, Melbourne, Port Campbell, Hall's Gap, Echuca, Albury - few days at each, and then home... I'll wave as I go past, wherever you are... :D

And put out the damn fires already....! :thumbs up:

I do have a good Shure mic that I use 'on the road', but it seems I took a short cut buying a USB mic to do recording. I do have good friend in QLD who reckons all I need is a break out box. I'm assuming that's a kind of pre-amp/mixer type of thing where I can plug my Shure and guitar into? I've seen his set up and it looks like an easy, inexpensive way to go.

Regarding other instrumentation, maybe I should just concentrate on what I do best, i.e. sing and play guitar. It's just so easy getting rapt up with the possibilities of adding other stuff that I don't have access to in the real world, i.e. drummers, bass players, keyboardists, etc, etc. I actually do quite well just strumming my simple chords and singing my stories through a Roland Acoustic 100 amp. on stage.

If you're passing through Daylesford then we could grab a gourmet coffee. I use gourmet because the town's only claim to fame these days is gourmet this and gourmet that. Oh, yeah, sure it's also the gay capital of Australia. I don't live in Daylesford, but not far. That wasn't meant as a euphemism.

I reckon what I'll do from now on is just try and get the best sounding guitar and vocal sound. It's not as if I don't have pages and pages of information on it. I am a quick learner, but I do tend to lose my way.

Some of the best singer songwriters come from Australia = for example - check out rayc's repertoire.

Maybe this has been mentioned already. I didn't bother skimming through the thread because it seems that every couple ofmonths, someone starts a "Why doesn't anyone comment on my song" threads.

First of all, people need to stop looking at the number of VIEWS for a thread. It means nothing. All those views can be spam-bots and not real people. SO, when someone cries about "184 views and no replies?", it's amusing.

Second of all, 99% of the time when someone complains that they didn't get somments, I glook at their posting history and see that they never commented on anyone else's music either.

Second of all, 99% of the time when someone complains that they didn't get somments, I glook at their posting history and see that they never commented on anyone else's music either.

That's the main thing to me. I like listening to and commenting on other people's stuff, but I reserve my time for the folks that I know are contributing members here.

Back