Delta1010 in my home stereo amp

Shakuan

I got a Delta1010 and was trying to hook up my spdif/out from the delta1010 to my "kenwood amp" to have sound from my computer come out of my 2 speakers connected to the kenwood amp... that's when I realised that my kenwood amp didnt have any spdif/in.

Can I use 2 of the analog outs of the delta1010 breakout box and plug them in my aux/ins on the kenwood? That would mean 2 cables(L and R) with 1/4 jacks on one end and RCA jacks on the other end. Is that a good way to proceed or do I need to get a new amp that has a spdif input?

i do this with a ~15 year old onkyo stereo receiver. i run outs 5 and 6 from my Delta 1010 into the cd ins of the onkyo. no problems at all and it allows me to reference my mixes on my stereo speakers in addition to my monitors.

as you surmised, all you should need is some 1/4" to RCA cables. if the sound is distorted, make sure to press the -10/+4 button on the back of the 1010 for the outputs to compensate for "consumer" vs "pro" level gear. make sure you have the volume low when you do this--otherwise you could be in for a world of ugliness.

cheers,
wade

Back