DAW Users With ADD

My grandaughter Bria on Giant float.jpg
NY Giants - Superbowl Champs!!!!!

Mr. Q, you called it. You sensed the greatness right from the start.

Acidrock, any final thoughts about 9-7 teams?? You should know from last year, it's the team who gets hot at the right time. Great game, and another great catch to pull out the victory.

Dachay is happy. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm happy 4 U D2NR!!! This was a great victory not only for Big Blue but 4 the NY,NJ, Ct fan-base also!!!
My son, A GARGANTUAN GIANT JUNKIE, attended the parade, NYC CityHall celebration & the MetLife Stadium throwdown w. his wife & both of my grandaughters!!!

....d@mn I wish this was a JETS celebration:( but I'd rather the G-Men than the hated Gaytriots!!!!!

(Pic is of my 4 1/2 yr old grndaughter on a Giants float @ the NYC parade!)

View attachment 69704

I'm happy 4 U D2NR!!! This was a great victory not only for Big Blue but 4 the NY,NJ, Ct fan-base also!!!
My son, A GARGANTUAN GIANT JUNKIE, attended the parade, NYC CityHall celebration & the MetLife Stadium throwdown w. his wife & both of my grandaughters!!!

....d@mn I wish this was a JETS celebration:( but I'd rather the G-Men than the hated Gaytriots!!!!!

(Pic is of my 4 1/2 yr old grndaughter on a Giants float @ the NYC parade!)

Thanks Q. It was a fun ride. Hopefully you'll get your day soon.

BTW, your granddaughter is adorable. I also have a granddaughter almost exactly the same age. She turned 4 last October.

She's a cutie Mr Q. Takes after her Grandma obviously:D

Mike, whats the story with the geetar? Got your replacement yet?

Guitars:guitar:
This is the next guitar I'll be buying....

Danelectro Pro Electric Guitar: Shop Guitars & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend

and I don't know why.A week or so ago MF was giving a 15% discount and I could have got it for $211,but I flinched.This week they're offering 14% off but it doesn't apply to orders under $299.:mad:

I have eight electric guitars,four amps and about twenty pedals.All that and I probably play electric guitar about ten hours a year.

I guess I just like them.Coin collectors don't go buying stuff with their collections and stamp collectors don't send letters with their stamps so why should I actually play my guitars?

Music
I have a friend who I used to work with who is a really good guitar player.For years I pestered him to get something going but it just didn't happen.He retired eight months ago and now he calls me up saying we should get something going musically,which I'm all for.My friend plays in his church's band but finds that very limiting.At this point I'm not interested in getting gigs in any way shape or form unless it's for a charity or a friend's party,so I think I would like to do something on the line of what Mike is doing.Kind of a Friday night music club,this way we can play what we want when we want,how we want.Of course nothing has happened yet,but I really need to put more me into my life.

The weather
It's wintery,I'm not going outside today if I don't have to.

LATER!!!

Mike, whats the story with the geetar? Got your replacement yet?

No. They wouldn't ship the replacement until they got the other one back. I've been tracking it, and it got back there this past Thursday. I'm assuming they will ship the replacement no later than this coming Monday, and I should have it probably by next Thurs or Fri.

I've been thinking about getting an electric for a couple of years, so this is not that big a deal. However, once I decided to pull the trigger, I WANT IT NOW. :)

Guitars:guitar:

and I don't know why.A week or so ago MF was giving a 15% discount and I could have got it for $211,but I flinched.This week they're offering 14% off but it doesn't apply to orders under $299.:mad:

Just wait, it changes every day. The day I ordered my guitar they were offering 10% your entire order. So I got 10% both the guitar and pedal. The next day it went to 15% off any ONE item over $299. Even losing the 10% off the pedal price, this was still $30 or so less than I paid. So I called them on it. They agreed to give me the higher discount with no problems whatsoever.

My suggestion is to wait until President's Day and they'll probably be having another sale you can cash in on.

I have a friend who I used to work with who is a really good guitar player.For years I pestered him to get something going but it just didn't happen.He retired eight months ago and now he calls me up saying we should get something going musically,which I'm all for.My friend plays in his church's band but finds that very limiting.At this point I'm not interested in getting gigs in any way shape or form unless it's for a charity or a friend's party,so I think I would like to do something on the line of what Mike is doing.Kind of a Friday night music club,this way we can play what we want when we want,how we want.Of course nothing has happened yet,but I really need to put more me into my life.
For me this situation is near perfect. I keeps me involved enough in playing and learning new songs, but it doesn't become a "job" where you have to lug equipment somewhere and be on stage for 5 hours on both Fri and Sat nights.

The only downside is finding other people who want to do the same thing. We've been trying to add a lead guitar player to the mix, and I've been on Craigslist quite a few times. After you eliminate the 19-year old shredders, it seems most of them want a "working" band. Even those that are a bit laid back still want to play out once a month or so. When you tell them it's a hobby group, they lose interest. Although some of that might be because when they hear hobby band, they may think the talent level is weak.

Just wait, it changes every day. The day I ordered my guitar they were offering 10% your entire order. So I got 10% both the guitar and pedal. The next day it went to 15% off any ONE item over $299. Even losing the 10% off the pedal price, this was still $30 or so less than I paid. So I called them on it. They agreed to give me the higher discount with no problems whatsoever.
That's pretty much been my purchasing MO for years now.MF has had pretty much some kind of deal going on ever since Christmas,it's just that 15% is pretty good as far as their deals go,oh well.

At least once a week I check out prices on things I'll probably never buy,just waiting for that deal that puts me over the edge.I've got quite a few toys that I couldn't afford not to buy.:D

OTOH,for years I wanted a Jerry Jones sitar guitar.I just found out a while back they went out of business and now I'm not getting one unless I buy used,had I known they were going out of business I would have ponied up the cash in an instant.:(

Kids
Nice pics guys,those kids are cute,they must take after the other side of the family.:D

My daughter turned thirteen the other day,my son will be learning to drive by the end of the year......:eek::eek::eek:

LATER!!!!

it's just that 15% is pretty good as far as their deals go,oh well.
That's been my experience, too. 15% is about as good as it gets with them. However, they also don't charge sales tax in NJ, so that's another 7% savings over local brick and mortars. Of course the downside is you don't get to play or inspect anything before you buy. :(

My suggestion is to wait until President's Day and they'll probably be having another sale you can cash in on.
Now I hope this will teach you to always listen to me in the future. :)

MF President's Day Sale - 15% off any item over $199.
Presidents Day 2012 - Use Code PRESIDENTS12

BTW, the replacement for my PRS Custom is on the way. Only for some reason these idiots decided to ship it parcel post this time, rather than UPS. UPS would have had it here by tomorrow or Friday. The Post Office probably won't get it here until mid-next week. Plus their tracking system sucks. It was shipped two days ago, and you still can't find it in the PO's tracking software. My experience in the past is that the merchandise actually gets delivered before it even shows up in their system. :(

I have my fingers crossed that it won't show up damaged, or have any other problems this time. At least that way, this escapade will just be a minor annoyance. And I really don't want to have to contemplate the alternative.

Now I hope this will teach you to always listen to me in the future. :)

MF President's Day Sale - 15% off any item over $199.
Presidents Day 2012 - Use Code PRESIDENTS12

I saw that this morning,I still don't know if I'll pull thr trigger on that guitar.I'll do some checking around this weekend.

I've bought three electrics from MF,the cheapest and best setup was a Danelectro Hodad,I paid $150 for it and like it's neck the best of any of my guitars.The second was an Ibanez Jet King I,came set up decently,but I had A guy change the pickups and get it even a little better on the setup.The third was an Epiphone Coronet which was horrid,a complete klunker,but because I liked the look and got it so cheap I had new pickups and a proper set up on it and now it's one of my favorites.

I sent back a case with a damaged corner and they sent me a good one back right away,setup is a little trickier.

BTW, the replacement for my PRS Custom is on the way. Only for some reason these idiots decided to ship it parcel post this time, rather than UPS. UPS would have had it here by tomorrow or Friday. The Post Office probably won't get it here until mid-next week. Plus their tracking system sucks. It was shipped two days ago, and you still can't find it in the PO's tracking software. My experience in the past is that the merchandise actually gets delivered before it even shows up in their system.

Aren't you the guy who wants government healthcare?:confused::D
My wife is going to the technical college at night and it takes five phone calls for even the simplest request.

LATER!!!

Aren't you the guy who wants government healthcare?:confused::D

We need to have that conversation over a few hours (and a few beers). It isn't that I think the government can do things better. It's more a matter of that healthcare costs really need to be spread over the entire populace. The current system is ridiculous. If there were a way to offer affordable healthcare to everyone - without government involvement - I'd be all for it. However, the present system, which ties it to your employer, just doesn't make sense. It's great, IF you're employed and your employer has bought into a decent plan. Otherwise it pretty much sucks.

We need to have that conversation over a few hours (and a few beers). It isn't that I think the government can do things better. It's more a matter of that healthcare costs really need to be spread over the entire populace. The current system is ridiculous. If there were a way to offer affordable healthcare to everyone - without government involvement - I'd be all for it. However, the present system, which ties it to your employer, just doesn't make sense. It's great, IF you're employed and your employer has bought into a decent plan. Otherwise it pretty much sucks.

That's one of those things that probably wont get resolved in our lifetimes,I'm just pointing out that sometimes you're just trading one problem for another.Plus my wife and I have both had bad experiences with government "efficiency" :mad:over the last few years,so yes I'm biased.;)

Work
Is slow.I've got the next two days off,maybe I'll get something done.

The high school play starts tonight,my son has a big part,I'm hoping he does well but keeping my mouth shut as far as advice.He seems to be doing pretty well without it.:D

Everyone is asleep right now,this is a good time to see what I'll be getting !5% off on......

LATER!!!

Well, despite my pessimism, the Post Office delivered my guitar this morning. That's actually about the same time it would have taken UPS, and even better they delivered it around 9:30 AM. UPS usually doesn't come until the late afternoon. So my apologies to the Post Offce (see, quasi-government entities do work sometimes :) ).

As for the guitar, this one didn't have any scratches whatsoever. However, I ran my fingertip across the pickguard, and it immediately showed a surface scratch. Not sure what it's made of, but it scratches VERY easy. I mean, c'mon, a fingertip. This explains to some the degree the previous one I had received. I thought it had been rode hard and put away wet, but maybe not so much as I originally suspected.

This one also had some intonation issues. Not as bad as the first one, but it also has some issues between the G string and the A note, as well as on the low E string and the G note on that string. This time I tried fooling around with the truss rod, and it improved it quite a bit. Still not perfect, but it maybe suggests that having a guitar tech set it up would be the way to go. I just hate having to spend another $75 or $100 on a brand, new guitar. :(

This one also doesn't seem to "perform" as well as the first one. My suspicion is that it's the way the pickups are adjusted. It tends to favor the bass pickup when both pickups are in use, and doesn't have the same rawness as the first one. A little less sustain as well. I played with the pickup height a little, but it's still not where I would like it to be. Here again, maybe this is something a good guitar tech could improve.

MF provides a 45-day return policy. So I'm gonna keep it for at least a week or so before I decide what to do. For $600, I was expecting to be a little happier with it. While this was all going on, I also started eyeing up a Hagstrom Viking guitar (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/hagstrom-viking-semi-hollowbody-electric-guitar). However, I would really like to check it out first. Guitar Center is running the same 15% off sale over this weekend, but unfortunately they don't the Hagstrom in stock.

I'll let you know what happens.

So I take it a dual humbucker semi hollow guitar is what you're looking for?Do you like something you can play a bit acoustcally?

I would head down to Guitar center anyways and get your hands on some guitars and maybe some you haven't considered,you might forget about the PRS.

Also what are you doing with the pedal?Will you send it back if you send back the guitar?No knock on the Monkey,but I think you could do better for what you're doing.

In your price range you should be able to get something decent,can't vouch for MF's set up though.

So I take it a dual humbucker semi hollow guitar is what you're looking for?Do you like something you can play a bit acoustcally?

I would head down to Guitar center anyways and get your hands on some guitars and maybe some you haven't considered,you might forget about the PRS.

Also what are you doing with the pedal?Will you send it back if you send back the guitar?No knock on the Monkey,but I think you could do better for what you're doing.

In your price range you should be able to get something decent,can't vouch for MF's set up though.

Yeah, dual humbucker semi-hollow seems to be what I'm leaning toward. Didn't really want a solid body, and the full hollows are a little too jazz oriented for me. Plus I have the Taylor if I want a more acoustic sound.

GC, at least in semi-hollows, seems to have primarily Epi's and Ibazez's in stock. I've played a few there over the years and neither really grabbed me.

As for MF's set-up, I think it's non-existent. Which may be the issue. I've always felt there were a couple things you really couldn't by online. Like a suit, for example. You have to see how it fits first. I always included guitars in that category as well, so perhaps I should have listened to myself.

That said, the bass player in our group came over last night and we hacked around a bit. He thought it sounded fine. That was after my tweaks, of course. So I'm gonna try and adjust some more later on today and see where it goes. Right now the action is a bit low. It's holding tune better, but has a little string buzz.

As for MF's set-up, I think it's non-existent. Which may be the issue. I've always felt there were a couple things you really couldn't by online. Like a suit, for example. You have to see how it fits first. I always included guitars in that category as well, so perhaps I should have listened to myself.

If you read their reviews there's a constant theme in the replies of things like "the guitar needed some adjustment"or "once it was set up properly it was..."even in the good reviews.
A bird in the hand is a good as two in the bush,if you really like the guitar take it in.Electrics are much more adjustment friendly than acoustics.

Back