DAW Users With ADD

Paul, I made the new avatar to annoy/amuse Guy. I think it worked :D

Hendrix/Spock will return.

I'm working on a website for my music/ studio. Here's what it will look like. That's me in the shades circa 1984. ;)

Mike, are you gonna put up a remix soon?

Attachments

• draft1.jpg
    draft1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 50
I am soooo jealous....I want a recording studio, I am driving wifey nuts about moving to an old farm so I can have a studio in an old cowshed:) Wifey is not pursuaded............... yet;)

Nice shades......cool:cool:

Chuck, 3/4 of the studio looks like it's been dedicated to drums. Now I'm beginning to understand the Son of God mix. :D Just kidding. Good luck with it. From the description it sounds like you are considering going commercial with it.

Mike, are you gonna put up a remix soon?
It is uploading to NWR as I write this (should be done in about 36-48 hours on my trusty 28.8 connection).

I retracked the backing vocals last night, and also replaced the drum fills towards the end of the song (to get rid of that rubbery sounding tom tom). This may still need some more mixing, as I slapped it together pretty quick at around 2:00 AM last night using headphones. However, if you've read the threads about NWR, I figured I better not waste any time in getting a copy up there for you to download. This version also has the surgically repaired F# :) .

Let me know what you think - especially with the horns (I want you to be happy so you'll do it again sometime). I'm gonna re-listen to it later today to see if the mix needs anymore adjustments. If not, I may let the clinic tear it apart for me.
The Scots eat such delicacies as deep fried & battered Mars Bars........with chips (fries).
Paul, were you serious with that one? I think one of my arteries just plugged up on me.

Aka deep fried Mars Bars. All absolutely true, to be honest, not only the Scots but also North of England folk too. Disgusting!Regarding NWR, whats happening to it? Funding problems?

If so, thats bad news.:(

Chuck,that's a pretty cool setup you've got there.Maybe one of these days I'll get there.
Got the wife the digital camera for her birthday and took some pics.The only problem was I could'nt post them because the file size was too big.
Does anyone know how to downgrade the size of jpeg files?:confused:
In the meantime as archaic as it may seem I scanned some photos to show off my collection of cheap gear.
Here's a shot of my guitars.....

When the wife and I first got the house it was agreed,I'd get the basement and the garage and she'd get everything else.
Unfortunately I'm as good at negotiating as I am at making music.

Heres a shot of my basement "rec"room.What started as a fostex four track behind the bar morphed into a dedicated counter space for my vs880 and assorted toys.
With the addition of acomputer it was apparent I had not been thinking ahead as can be seen by the counter extension for my keyboard and mouse.
There's no plans to build on or enhance this setup because I'm planning on buying another house in the forseeable future.

This is a place where crimes against music are perpetrated on a routine basis.:rolleyes: :eek:

Nice collection of axes, man. I especially like the mando and the Les Paul Jr.
And don't ever give up the lava lamp. You need the "vibe."

I'm actually running dual lava lamps because you can never be too sure when it comes to vibe-ocity.
There's two ways of looking at the current state of my collection....
On the numbers side,
"Quantity has a quality of it's own."
Quote by Josef Stalin
or,
If I had saved my cash I could've had a Rick or a Les Paul,
"DOH!"
Quote by Homer Simpson.
Perhaps with the upcoming Four-oh b-day coming up I could milk it for something of quality.......or maybe I'll just get SUPERBOWL tickets seeing as my favorite team will in all likelyhood be playing there.;)

or maybe I'll just get SUPERBOWL tickets seeing as my favorite team will in all likelyhood be playing there
Wow! You're rooting for the NY Giants now, Acid? You'll need to do something about that tacky avatar then.

:D

Does anyone know how to downgrade the size of jpeg files?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, you have to import the picture into a manipulation software package, change the picture size in pixels, export as a JPEG and save as....

There are lots of such software out there, some you have to buy and some maybe free. Did you get one with your camera? Its a bit like bit rate and file depth with audio.

And don't ever give up the lava lamp

WTF?!?^? How the s**t did you see that in the picture Chuck? Just how big is your screen? My eyesight must be going.......my Mom told me it would if I kept on..............:rolleyes:

Anyhow, great set-up Guy, I am doubly jealous now, I can see lots of geetars peeking out on the left too. Best of luck with the new recording studio...I mean new house:)

dachay2tnr said:
Wow! You're rooting for the NY Giants now, Acid? You'll need to do something about that tacky avatar then.

:D

The Giants will go to the superbowl shortly after I hit no.1 on the pop charts with my latest single.:rolleyes:

The Patriots will soon be seen on VH1'S one hit wonders show.

Paul,if you ever run into any Americans who are talking football just tell em "The Green Bay Packers are the best team in the NFL and they will be impressed with your knowledge of the king of sports.....N-F-L FOOTBALL!

Paul,if you ever run into any Americans who are talking football just tell em "The Green Bay Packers are the best team in the NFL and they will be impressed with your knowledge of the king of sports.....N-F-L FOOTBALL

Guy, I'll be sure to remember that. When is your new single going to No 1 exactly?:)

Acidguy - I took a look at your guitars photo, and sadly realized that if I had bought a new guitar every time I got laid this year, you would still have more guitars than me. :D (Did that fall under the "more info than we need" category?)

BTW, I'm thinking of going for a new acoutsic (6 string). Any recommendations for something in the $1K range. And would you recommend an electric/acoustic, or just straight acoustic.

Chuck and Paul, you can chime in here as well.

And BTW, as for the Giants/Patriots/Packers comments, you might like to check which two of those three teams have have made the more recent visits to the SB.

Mike posted:

And BTW, as for the Giants/Patriots/Packers comments, you might like to check which two of those three teams have have made the more recent visits to the SB.

What do they need with a Soundblaster card?:D

And Mike, exchanging body fluids with someone else is overated imho, give me a geetar every time. Or is that because of my age?

I would look at Taylor semi acoustics, one with a cut-away. They are my favourite sounding acoustics. Next, (surprisingly pehaps) is a good Yamaha. Do not touch a guitar with a plastic back, like the Takemine, yuk!

My Birthday soon, an Evolution keyboard USB/midi on its way as we speak:)

Mike,
A new acoustic for under 1K? 1K? Not that I should talk after all my recent gear acquisitions, but THAT really sounds like an unmarried guy! Rock on! (But the getting laid only a handful of times this year thing sounds like a MARRIED guy ;) )

CHEAP UNSOLICITED PLUG DEPT:
Paul & Guy,
Mike and I each have new songs/mixes posted in the mp3 clinic. As always, your comments are appreciated.

THAT really sounds like an unmarried guy!
Yeah, it was either a new guitar or wallpaper the bathroom. So does anyone here think that looking at mold while you take a leak is a problem?

would look at Taylor semi acoustics, one with a cut-away.
Excuse the ignorance, but what's a semi-acoustic? A hollow-bodied electric?

Thanks for the feedback, I'll check them out.

Acoustic guitars,funny you should ask but I'm going on a trip with my cousin whom I have a regular thursday jam/drinking day setup with to buy an acoustic.
This is a subject of great interest to me because I played predominately acoustic until about 4-5 years ago.You see I used to play in a duet with two guitars and I played harmonica with a brace.
What do you want to use it for?
I've always bought guitars with cutaways but if you don't plan on playing any leads I would go for a full box as cutaways can compromise the sound albeit marginally IMHO.
As far as a pickup if you want to play live it's a must imo.Trying to mike an acoustic live does'nt cut it in my book especially if you're a "mover".The pickups are damn good these days and even though it's discouraged to record off a piezo pickup it's another option that may work out for you.I've ran mine through my art tube-pac and gotten some decent sounds.

A semi-acoustic is a guitar with a slim body...somewhere between the width of an acoustic an a solid body.It gives you the sound and look of an acoustic but does'nt get feed back as readily.
It's also easier for some to have strapped around their neck all night long.
The downside is not much volume acousticaly,great for low level practicing.
I'm especially fond of the Guilds,never played a Taylor but have heard nothing but praise for them.
For a thousand bucks you should get a great guitar.
The guitar I feel is overrated is Martin,I've played numerous models and have never been impressed for the price.

Even though Paul's not crazy about them Ovations kick ass to play onstage.The necks are like electrics,very easy to play all night long with and the multi hole design rejects feedback.I've owned five and they made my job easier.The disadvantage is acoustically they sound...well,plasticy.
I'd brag about getting laid but it's only been by my wife!:rolleyes:

Mike, I think mold in a certain light can look damn fine to me. Its only women that object to it.:) Its a no brainer, removing mold or a guitar.

Guy hit all the points on the head, I agree with everything he said 100%. If you want to look at the Taylor range, check out their web-site:

http://www.taylorguitars.com/

The home page has a blonde girlie playing a semi acoustic with a cut-away.

I did some recording work last year and had the choice of a new Martin (expensive model) at $3500 or a Taylor @ $1750. (Only to borrow, not to take home :( . The Taylor won it hands down, a much clearer sounding instrument. Both are well made but the Martin is also notorious for being difficult to record, very boomy.
I have since tried another Taylor at around $1200 and I wanted it so bad but wifey said no....:eek:

I think mold in a certain light can look damn fine to me
LOL :D

Paul & Guy - thanks for all the feedback. To answer some of your questions, I want it primarily for recording purposes. My "live" playing days are pretty much over, save some basement jams along the lines of Chuck's new .mp3 (only not as good, and in an acoustic rock vein). I play very little in the way of leads, but I may want to throw in an occasional lick when the recording demands it. 99% of the usage will be to record finger-picking and chord strumming.

I currently own a 30 year-old Guild 12-string. It was a great guitar in its time, but these days it doesn't hold tune very well up and down the neck, and also has quite a bit of buzz. It's still OK for drunken jams, but leaves quite a bit to be desired when being recorded. (The double-tracking I did in my last .mp3 helped to cover some of the blemishes, but that only goes so far.)

Appreciate the help, as always.

Chuck wrote:

Mike and I each have new songs/mixes posted in the mp3 clinic. As always, your comments are appreciated.

Well, I listened and was awestruck. Firstly, Chuck, that is one fine piece of jazz blowing there, a real groove going down. Good mix too, you could feel the soul of the music. Fancy blowin some blues horn on one of mine one day?

Dachay, your vocal mixes are superb, kinda barber shop meets pop/rock. But don't get carried away with the polished mastering, sounds good to me as it is, maybe vocals a little too loud but thats nit-pickin. How many in the band? Describe the track set up for me.

And here's one of mine, did it in 50 mins (sounds like it too!) Bass, rythm and lead geetar. Rough mix at this stage, looking for percussion suggestions. Any suggestions really:)

Barbados Blues:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/rockpop/

Back