DAW Users With ADD

All home improvement all the time!
Well, at least a paragraph or so....

I'm taking off next week for another stage of landscaping. It looks like 40s and 50s with rain on and off. I can really pick 'em.

Still I want to get things planted so the yard looks good when summer comes(mid-August). I've also realized about ten years too late that I need to start a second generation of cherry trees, and there are no better than the ones growing in my yard.

Wash machine

I get an error code on the wash machine and take the prescribed action but to no avail. I Google it and find a video of how to repair it, and it couldn't have been any easier, three little bolts out and remove a catch by hand and clean it out. Not a word in the manual about it. That's got to be a money maker for the repair guys, I guess there's too much liability for the companies to have the consumer poking around the innards of the product.

New Orleans

My son's spring trip next year will be to New Orleans and it was brought up that maybe I would go instead of my wife. It sounds good, but when I asked my son if I was going to kill one of his classmates, he said for sure. So I guess I'll have to think about it.

Work

I've got a job lined up at a theatre in Bay View that's being renovated after being closed since 2000. Built in 1929 right before the crash, it was truly a showpiece in it's day. Full stage and orchestra pit, but mainly used for movies, there aren't many like this one left around. I remember going to it way back and then watching it's downward slide as the multiplexes took over. The last time I was there was for a midnight flick.

The one thing that bummed me is that they won't be able to open the balcony to the public because of the ADA act they would have to install an elevator and that's not cost effective, it will however be used for VIPs, or possibly the owners or managers girlfriends.

They don't make old buildings anymore, just new ones.

LATER!!!

Work

I've got a job lined up at a theatre in Bay View that's being renovated after being closed since 2000. Built in 1929 right before the crash, it was truly a showpiece in it's day. Full stage and orchestra pit, but mainly used for movies, there aren't many like this one left around. I remember going to it way back and then watching it's downward slide as the multiplexes took over. The last time I was there was for a midnight flick.

The one thing that bummed me is that they won't be able to open the balcony to the public because of the ADA act they would have to install an elevator and that's not cost effective, it will however be used for VIPs, or possibly the owners or managers girlfriends.

They don't make old buildings anymore, just new ones.

LATER!!!

Sounds like a neat place to hold an indoor JAMFEST at!:guitar::drunk::listeningmusic::thumbs up:

I can start threads such as "THE 1ST EVER INDOOR HR.COM JAM/RECORDING/BEER JAMFEST"!!

Imagine how many members here would attend! :thumbs up:

Imagine the great acoustics we'll have recording our "live perfs"! :thumbs up:

Imagine the blast we'll have meeting, greeting & chillin' with each other!:thumbs up:

Imagine the mass consumption of beer & alcohol; all of us drunkenly having a great time!:drunk::thumbs up:

Imagine the amount of damage & destruction our drunken butts would do to that newly renovated theater!:o

Imagine the lawsuits and/or threats of arrest & criminal prosecution for our outrageous behaviour. :(:facepalm:

Imagine an INDOOR JAMFEST....:confused:

On 2nd thought.....Nevermind!:wtf:

Peace 2-Fingerz,

Q.rM:)

Sounds like a neat place to hold an indoor JAMFEST at!:guitar::drunk::listeningmusic::thumbs up:

I can start threads such as "THE 1ST EVER INDOOR HR.COM JAM/RECORDING/BEER JAMFEST"!!

Imagine how many members here would attend! :thumbs up:

Imagine the great acoustics we'll have recording our "live perfs"! :thumbs up:

Imagine the blast we'll have meeting, greeting & chillin' with each other!:thumbs up:

Imagine the mass consumption of beer & alcohol; all of us drunkenly having a great time!:drunk::thumbs up:

Imagine the amount of damage & destruction our drunken butts would do to that newly renovated theater!:o

Imagine the lawsuits and/or threats of arrest & criminal prosecution for our outrageous behaviour. :(:facepalm:

Imagine an INDOOR JAMFEST....:confused:

On 2nd thought.....Nevermind!:wtf:

Peace 2-Fingerz,

Q.rM:)

Back in the Midnight flick days a lot of that did go on.:drunk:

And just to clarify, my work is in the renovation part, not selling concessions.;) I just have a small firedoor to install, but it's cool to work at a place with a lot of memories that's unique and also nearby.

Sometimes you're glad to spend money
My son took the ACT test twice. The first time he did very well but knowing he was going to take it a second time and that I had to pay for it again I lit a fire under his ass by telling him I would give him $50 for each point he increased his score by, and he increased his score by four points. :cool: He's doing so well in school I'm considering a paternity test:eek::D

For the record, I told him he would owe me if his score went down.;)

Sometimes you're glad to spend money
My son took the ACT test twice. The first time he did very well but knowing he was going to take it a second time and that I had to pay for it again I lit a fire under his ass by telling him I would give him $50 for each point he increased his score by, and he increased his score by four points. :cool: He's doing so well in school I'm considering a paternity test:eek::D

For the record, I told him he would owe me if his score went down.;)

Congrats. The only thing I have been increasing lately is my weight. :(

Back to more wainscoting today. :(

I had to order an extra piece from Home Depot, so I was out of commission for a few days. However, I hope to finish today. :)

Then I only need to replace the molding in the rest of the room and paint everything. :mad: :mad: I think that will all happen post-Italy. ;)

Back to more wainscoting today. :(

I had to order an extra piece from Home Depot, so I was out of commission for a few days. However, I hope to finish today. :)

Then I only need to replace the molding in the rest of the room and paint everything. :mad: :mad: I think that will all happen post-Italy. ;)

And, btw, those are not panels. They are individual planks, each one 3" wide. I'm covering 19 feet with 3" wide planks... you do the math. :)

I've done it the same way in my sun room. If you're moving stuff around and you bang paneling, you get a "hole", if you bang planks you get "character".:thumbs up:

Attachments

• sunroom 1.jpg
    sunroom 1.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 13
  • sunroom 2.jpg
    sunroom 2.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 14
Workation

It's been raining and it's a mess, but the show must go on. I've built a 4X8 tiered garden box and I'm pretty far along on my new trellis, lots of work to go.........

Attachments

• Yard work.jpg
    Yard work.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 14
I've done it the same way in my sun room. If you're moving stuff around and you bang paneling, you get a "hole", if you bang planks you get "character".:thumbs up:
Nice. Looks pretty much the same as what I installed, except your moldings appear to be oak. How did you finish it? I was originally planning to paint mine, but the natural is growing on me a little.

Of course, my bedroom now smells like Home Depot. :)

Nice. Looks pretty much the same as what I installed, except your moldings appear to be oak. How did you finish it? I was originally planning to paint mine, but the natural is growing on me a little.

Of course, my bedroom now smells like Home Depot. :)

It's all pine, when you buy premium boards they are relatively knot free.

I stain all my woodwork before I install it. I'm really against all in one finishes, I used a winter white stain and a clear coat that was water based and very easy to work with.

If you were to clear coat your wood that would go quickly. Generally you will gain a little more definition on the grain and it darkens just a bit. I'm a wood grain guy, I would really hate to paint bare wood in an interior setting.

It's all pine, when you buy premium boards they are relatively knot free.
It was the grain I was referring to, not the lack of knots. Clear pine has no knots. However, the grain in the molding looked like oak to me.

Winter white stain sounds interesting. My issue with many finishes is that they tend to turn orangey over time. I like the blond wood look, but I don't particularly care for the orange.

Back in the Midnight flick days a lot of that did go on.:drunk:

And just to clarify, my work is in the renovation part, not selling concessions.;) I just have a small firedoor to install, but it's cool to work at a place with a lot of memories that's unique and also nearby.

Kool!

Very, very koooool! :cool:

Good luck bruh'! :thumbs up:

Kool!

Very, very koooool! :cool:

Good luck bruh'! :thumbs up:

It beats the hell out of working in a barn.:eek:

I'm not an architecture geek, but when you walk into this building it's like walking into a different era.

One thing cool about my job is that I'm in a different place everyday, I never know what I'm going to be up against.

Winter white stain sounds interesting. My issue with many finishes is that they tend to turn orangey over time. I like the blond wood look, but I don't particularly care for the orange.

It's been my experience that the high gloss and waterproof finishes give more of a yellow tinge than the water based satin finish. On a clear finish it could also be the effect of sunlight over the years.

I'm super happy with the winter white, it's the best of both worlds for me. I get a neutral color that's easy to match and the advantage maintenance free wood work that IMHO looks better than painted wood. I believe they have tinted clear coats too, maybe worth looking into.

You probably can't tell but the furniture was also stained the same way, but turned out slightly different because they are made of different woods. I've stained a handful of items over the years to more closely match the interior of my house rather than reflect the current trends.

Workation accomplished!

The trellis, garden box and gutter are finished!

Now it's Miller time.finshed.jpgoriginal.jpgtrench.jpgalmost done.jpg

The weather

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but is it ever going to get warm again?

I woke up May first with the heat blowing, and I still haven't cut the grass yet.

LATER!!!

The weather
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but is it ever going to get warm again?

I woke up May first with the heat blowing, and I still haven't cut the grass yet.
At least the yellow-eyed grass is blooming.

Everything is in bloom here, except it's too cold to go out and enjoy it. At least it's been above freezing, but 50's in May is wierd. We've had a few nice days, but this time of year every day should be nice. :(

Screw it, I think I'll just go to Italy for awhile. :)

At least the yellow-eyed grass is blooming.

Everything is in bloom here, except it's too cold to go out and enjoy it. At least it's been above freezing, but 50's in May is wierd. We've had a few nice days, but this time of year every day should be nice. :(

Screw it, I think I'll just go to Italy for awhile. :)

It gets nice just long enough to crush your hopes around here.

Maybe by the time you get back things will have changed, have a good trip.

Spring

It looks like it lost it's way, but it's back on course. It might actually get warm in a day or two.

Treasure hunt!

We have a spring cleaning pickup every year around this time where people can bring items to the curb and the city will pick them up and dispose of them. Now there are scores of people driving through the streets and alleys picking through garbage and stuff that couldn't be sold at rummage sales. Who knows, maybe someone threw out a Picasso , or at very least one of those pictures of a cat with really big eyes.

Work

They hired another guy and there's a couple new trucks in the lot, I guess my job is safe for awhile.

LATER!!!

Back