DAW Users With ADD

Now I have a reason to post!

And post some more!

It's raining
Lightly,we need it.After being flooded all spring we've had a really dry summer.I haven't cut my grass in a week and a half,in spring it was every five days.

Football
It's right around the corner.....

LATER!!!!

Football
It's right around the corner.....
You planning on watching the Jets this year?

:p :p :p

Normally I don't really start getting into football until mid-October. However, the way the Yankees have been going this year, I'm already looking forward to watching the Defending World Champions. :D :D

You planning on watching the Jets this year?
Definitely,and because #4 is playing for them they'll be the nation wide game more often.:cool:
I'm just glad it's over.It was a great business decision on his part too.If he has any success he'll be able to milk the endorsements in addition to the stranglehold he has in Wisconsin,then on to TV.:rolleyes:
Normally I don't really start getting into football until mid-October. However, the way the Yankees have been going this year, I'm already looking forward to watching the Defending World Champions. :D :D
The Brew Crew will probably get to the playoffs for the first time since '82.IF C.C.Sabathia keeps playing the way he is he may become the highest paid pitcher in baseball.The guy can actually hit and field.:eek:

LATER!!!

IF C.C.Sabathia keeps playing the way he is he may become the highest paid pitcher in baseball.The guy can actually hit and field.:eek:

LATER!!!

I'm expecting to see him in pinstripes next year. :D :D However, he was definitely the best mid-season trade made this year by far!!

If the Yanks do sign him, expect him to spend at least 3/4 of the year on the DL. :(

Summer's last gasp
I survived the family reunion yesterday and next weekend it's off to the Dells then school starts.HOORRAY!!!!

It's been a busy summer.:cool:

Sports
It looks like the Jets are the NY football team to beat.:D

LATER!!!

Well boyz, as you know, it has been a week since I got back nice and refreshed from Vacation so I though I would cheer you all up with the latest installment of the pro-vacationer:rolleyes:

My company is going through substantial restructure. As a result, my job has disapeared so my boss told me last Friday that I can consider myself on gardening leave until at least the end of Sept and possibly October, fully paid until my new job starts:)

Of course, downside is that I may lose my job altogether but they would have to pay me at least for 6 months if they did that:eek:

Wifey has kindly produced a list of "things to do" for me which is slowly being worked through, alongside some serious music recording/writing.:D

I could get used to this life :cool:

:)

Recently, I heard that a youth community center was closing down due to redevelopment and as a result, had a load of music equipment to get rid of.

So for $200 I bought:

2x AKG 1000s capacitor instrument mics
1 x AKG D112 Kick drum/Bass cabinet dynamic mic
1x Soundlab vocal Dynamic mic G146A
3 x Shure SM 57 dynamic mics
6 channel mixer
4 channel mic mixer
Digitech 4 in 4 out Multi-effects processor
Alesis Midiverb Multi effects processor
ART Alpha 2.0 pitch/transposer multi effcts processor
Watson Practice amp
Torque 50watt combo amp with Celestion 12" speaker
Midiman 2 channel midi/USB interface
DI box
2 channel Headphone amp
Behringer Composer compressor, MDX 2000
Alesis 100watt reference amp
Behringer 48 channel mixing desk with meter bridge, MX 9000
Pair HHb Circle 5 monitor speakers
8 x mic stands (6 of them new)
Yamaha SY35 synth
Desk
Equipment rack
Patch leads
2x wall mounted interface boxes.
Loads of leads of all description.

I was really only interested in the mics but I had to go for everything so for the money, it was worth it.

Although its a Behringer desk, it looks very impressive:cool:

All I need now is a recording studio:(
Next week I am hooking it up so it works, photographing it and flogging most of it on eBAY (minus the mics;))

Recently, I heard that a youth community center was closing down due to redevelopment and as a result, had a load of music equipment to get rid of.

So for $200 I bought:

2x AKG 1000s capacitor instrument mics
1 x AKG D112 Kick drum/Bass cabinet dynamic mic
1x Soundlab vocal Dynamic mic G146A
3 x Shure SM 57 dynamic mics
6 channel mixer
4 channel mic mixer
Digitech 4 in 4 out Multi-effects processor
Alesis Midiverb Multi effects processor
ART Alpha 2.0 pitch/transposer multi effcts processor
Watson Practice amp
Torque 50watt combo amp with Celestion 12" speaker
Midiman 2 channel midi/USB interface
DI box
2 channel Headphone amp
Behringer Composer compressor, MDX 2000
Alesis 100watt reference amp
Behringer 48 channel mixing desk with meter bridge, MX 9000
Pair HHb Circle 5 monitor speakers
8 x mic stands (6 of them new)
Yamaha SY35 synth
Desk
Equipment rack
Patch leads
2x wall mounted interface boxes.
Loads of leads of all description.

I was really only interested in the mics but I had to go for everything so for the money, it was worth it.

Although its a Behringer desk, it looks very impressive:cool:

All I need now is a recording studio:(
Next week I am hooking it up so it works, photographing it and flogging most of it on eBAY (minus the mics;))

$200?!?!?
Is that a typo?:confused::eek:

One more day
Then I'm on vacation.:cool:
Three days in the Dells the rest of the week at home while the kids are back in school!:DI've had plenty of long weekends but this will be my first whole week off in over a year.

Recording
I'm glad I took off while the kids are in school,because then I may be able to actually mic somethingh without the fear of thump,thump,thumping coming from upstairs.My wife I can just tell to go shopping or to the second floor.:D

LATER!!!

One more day
Then I'm on vacation.:cool:
Three days in the Dells the rest of the week at home while the kids are back in school!:DI've had plenty of long weekends but this will be my first whole week off in over a year.

Recording
I'm glad I took off while the kids are in school,because then I may be able to actually mic somethingh without the fear of thump,thump,thumping coming from upstairs.My wife I can just tell to go shopping or to the second floor.:D

LATER!!!

I guess if I had to pay myself holidays I would have a different vacation plan than the one I currently enjoy;)

Is the thumping from the kids coming from fighting or just running around? ;) And does your wife listen to what you tell her:confused: Wow, thats impressive! :):D

Back