DAW Users With ADD

Slightly better than a lump of coal....
I recorded a crappy version of Santa Claus is coming to town but I listed it as Scictt because of the cover song issue at Nowhere radio.If it gets pulled no big deal.:rolleyes:I could've done something better but it wouldn't have been done in time.:o:rolleyes::D
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2058&alid=-1

Remember......Scictt.;)

Oh yeah and BTW.......

GO PACKERS!!!!

LATER!!!!

On the basis that into every life a little rain must pour, I am soaking frigging wet:mad: Sent my faulty monitor and omni I/O box back to M-Audio on the 14th Nov and they haven't even acknowledged receipt yet. Nor answered my emails so I left a voicemail message for tham and got a reply that "they had received the goods but were very busy and "maybe" they would have time next week to look at them:mad::mad::mad: Wankers.:eek:

So as much as I would like to hear your ode to Christmas, Guy, I am afraid I cannot.:(

As a result, I have just been roped into going to my Mother in laws ex house to do some garden and yard work on Sunday:o Anyway, the good news is that we look like we have sold it:)

The headhunters are due to come back to me on Tuesday to let me know the status of the offer - go/no go;) And my current employer is talking to me about two other jobs as well - one in the US and one a global role. But I have been here before, so I'm not holding my breath;)

Guy, you wouldn't suit an executive position - you work far too hard:D

Christmas shopping on my own tomorrow morning and then on to a family reunion at a drinking club in Birmingham and then all onto the game between Aston Villa FC vs Arsenal. Followed by more drinking:) I don't know how I do it:rolleyes:

On the basis that into every life a little rain must pour, I am soaking frigging wet:mad: Sent my faulty monitor and omni I/O box back to M-Audio on the 14th Nov and they haven't even acknowledged receipt yet. :
I'm pretty sure that when that stuff breaks you're supposed to buy a new one,that's why the manufacturer makes it so difficult to take advantage of it's warranty.

We have one guy at work that never wants to do any real work so he always tells the customer they need a new door or motor no matter what the problem is.I just installed a $1500 rollup door for a guy because it had a broken shearpin in the driveshaft and the guy was too lazy to fix it.:eek:

a family reunion at a drinking club
Is there another place to have a family reunion?:confused::D

LATER!!!!!

Big storm a comin'
Well at least the first significant winter storm of the year.I'm going to pick up some groceries head to Blockbuster,hunker down and ride it out till Monday.

LATER!!!!

I recorded a crappy version of Santa Claus is coming to town
Cute. I listened on computer speakers, but it sounds good.

Some intonation issues in the 1st and 3rd choruses. You might want to consider patching.

I like the guitar work at the end of the second (instrumental) chorus.

Ending is a little abrupt, like you got tired of it and just stopped. :confused:

Cute. I listened on computer speakers, but it sounds good.

Some intonation issues in the 1st and 3rd choruses. You might want to consider patching.

I like the guitar work at the end of the second (instrumental) chorus.

Ending is a little abrupt, like you got tired of it and just stopped. :confused:
I did say it was a crappy version.:DThat's a record and finish while watching football special.:DBesides,it's the thought that counts.;)

The funny thing is I can play the guitar,harmonica and sing it all at one time,but I have a hard time recording the parts seperately.:eek::confused::rolleyes:

Home today
The wife and I are both sick,we've got whatever our kids had.It's cold and windy today too.Blechhh!!!!:(
I have takenthe downtime to do some manual reading.....whooo hoooo

later!!!

LATER!!!!

I did say it was a crappy version.:DThat's a record and finish while watching football special.:DBesides,it's the thought that counts.;)

The funny thing is I can play the guitar,harmonica and sing it all at one time,but I have a hard time recording the parts seperately.:eek::confused::rolleyes:

Home today
The wife and I are both sick,we've got whatever our kids had.It's cold and windy today too.Blechhh!!!!:(
I have takenthe downtime to do some manual reading.....whooo hoooo

later!!!

LATER!!!!

Still without the means to listen to anything thanks to M-Audio :mad: Hopefully, this will be rectified this week but I'm not holding my breath.

Sorry to hear about your illness Guy, espacially that your wife is sick too.

Part of the joy of having man-flu is that you get to lie in bed and do what you want to do, waited on hand and foot by your wife. So her being sick at the same time is damn inconsiderate of her....she'll have to go:eek:

:D

Part of the joy of having man-flu is that you get to lie in bed and do what you want to do, waited on hand and foot by your wife. So her being sick at the same time is damn inconsiderate of her....she'll have to go:eek:

:D
There's a line from a Philip Roth book that goes, When a man is sick he wants his mother. If she's not available, any other woman will do. :)

Still without the means to listen to anything thanks to M-Audio :mad:
If hyou listen to my song you may think the card is still broken!(Or wish it were)
I should remix it,but it's full of flubs so it's not worth the effort.

The weather
Icy,snowy,windy....yeah,it sucks.

LATER!!!

Its Friday Here :)

But still no news of my M-Audio equipment:mad:

Company Christmas Party tonight, cabaret and dancing, nice meal, free wine and an overnight stay in a nice hotel:)

Travel home tomorrow morning, put up the tree and dress the house tomorrow afternoon. Sunday, shopping with wifey.:)

On a positive note, a number of very interesting job opportunities are coming to fruition but I have been here before and its never over until you get a piece of paper.:rolleyes:

It's Friday here also...and wet....just raining right now. I'm glad I don't have to shovel snow yet....:D

Wow,what a coincidence....
It's Friday here too!!!
It's been snowing on and off all week and if we don't get a melt before January we'll be buried by February.:eek:

My Christmas party is tomorrow,but we're not going.December is both my wife and I's busy season and our kids have a lot of activities too so it's a bit much trying to fit in an overnighter.:(
My wifes party is in January however and in contrast to last year's strip club adventure it will be a family overnighter at a hotel with a pool.:cool:I've joined the ranks of nerd-dom in that I probably have more fun with my kids than I do boozing it up with the guys.:eek::o:o

GO PACKERS!

LATER!!!!

Finally listened to SCICTT, Guy. My 5 year-old gave it two thumbs up, bouncing around the house to the tune.:D
Don't know about Paul's M-Audio problem, but I've been having some issues with my Focusrite Octopre. I bought it used, but their tech support has been very good responding to my emails. We have yet to resolve the issue, but they're asking the right questions.

Worried about the Patriots this week. They may not cover. :)

Wow,what a coincidence....
It's Friday here too!!!
LATER!!!!
Hmmmmm... odd. It's Saturday here. :confused: :confused:

Worried about the Patriots this week. They may not cover.
You do realize that they are going to go 15-0 and then lose in the final week to...

The Giants

:) :)

BTW, if you guys get Santana, I'm gonna wave the white flag now. :(

Hmmmmm... odd. It's Saturday here.
You must be living in the future or you have a really fast internet connection.

I always thought Carlos was a great guitarist
I've always grouped him with BB King as a guy who used pauses or spaces in his playing to their advantage.
The one time I saw Santana in concert the non-stop playing by an army of percussionists did drive me nuts though.

Today
Shovel again:(
Packers game
Son's Holiday concert.It's his first live gig,he's playing trombone.From what I've heard at practice there'll be a lot of cringing and wincing in the audience.:eek:Oh well,no pain no gain.

LATER!!!

Back