Contracts!!!

Fyre

I been reading up on um for like the last 2 - 3 hours and I got a lot of good info and a lot of good looking contracts but a lot of it is still kinda blurry to me... Im just starting to sell beat... well i haven't sold any yet but I got some cats thats interested..... and basically here's my problem... Im leasing my tracks for only $75 right I kno thats mad cheap but im trying to get a name for myself and I know thats one way.... but I wanna do bizness right and I cant really get the stuff copyrighted seeing as the beats im saleing are sampled beats and I dont have the bread to even attempt to clear samples..... and second if Im working over the net whats the best way to get the contract out and signed so I can have record of whats going where?

oh and if somebody want to post more contracts that a be a plus.. I need joints mainly for leasing tracks to indivisual artist and exclusive right to use contracts.

do a search I have posted a few contracts up and here and we have talked about this before..im heading out right now..so if you don't find any info i will see what i got for you tomorrow..when i have more time

I read thru all those post and still have questions..... first being If im dealing over the net whats the best way to get the contract signed by both the artist and myself? like should I send two copies with my signature and tell him to sign both and send one back b4 I send the beat(s) or what?

and also if you not close to the artist your working with how are u supposed to know what they make off their project so that u can get ur percentage if u go that route?... I kno a entertainment lawyer is a good thing to have but I cant afford that right now so is there another way?

miss souf kakalaki - holla at me - im tryin to come thru ya state soon - wanna do some open mics n sell my cd!!! i got fam. in SC so im hopin u can tell me where some open mics be.

b - same for u in MD and . .. fyre - u tooo - in N.C. i dont how im gon do it yet, but im gon do it!

miss souf kakalaki - holla at me - im tryin to come thru ya state soon - wanna do some open mics n sell my cd!!! i got fam. in SC so im hopin u can tell me where some open mics be.

Its quite a few spots or u can even go across da bridge(augusta,ga-20 minute drive from aiken. dats where i stay). Just let me know.

Nicole

I just got my hands on 2 contracts, done by the pros. 1 of them is an actual 120 page Sony contract (fuck sony), interesting read..., the other belongs to Dragon Street Records, original home of many large bands like the Dixie Chicks, The Nixons, Tripping Daisy, Ronnie Dawson, Killbilly, Gene Summers, Spin, Pool & more. I'll post that one up whenever I have time to type it.

I read thru all those post and still have questions..... first being If im dealing over the net whats the best way to get the contract signed by both the artist and myself? like should I send two copies with my signature and tell him to sign both and send one back b4 I send the beat(s) or what?

this way will work..fine it should be a problem at all..it will work fine doin it this way

and also if you not close to the artist your working with how are u supposed to know what they make off their project so that u can get ur percentage if u go that route?... I kno a entertainment lawyer is a good thing to have but I cant afford that right now so is there another way?[/QUOTE]

if its a legit projects have it written in the contract that you will get to review their earning every six month or you have to trust them...you also should register your songs with your PRO (ASCAP, BMI, SOCAN... etc) in case the song get airplay...listinyou as the composer and the artist as the author..

its truely hard to monitor what they say they are making if its not bar coded..and even thenits still hard to say..you just have to trust that the artist is real about his business and will pay what he agrees to pay...you also need to know that some quarters you might not see any money.. hope this helps...any other questions just ask..

b - same for u in MD and . .. fyre - u tooo - in N.C. i dont how im gon do it yet, but im gon do it!

Imma see if they still doin a open mic in DC if not..will see if i can find the information to get you to do a show at the

Zanzibar on the Waterfront
700 Water St. SW, Washington, DC | 202-554-9100

I will let you know...

Ohh..Imma check out the chorus you sent for the collab with FA$E today..when I get a chance..

I kno they got a open mic coming up in DC at the Marketplace Lounge on the 21st cause my homie goin be there... so if u in the DC area and can get there go out and show some support

Back