check this out

looks like a diffussor I guess? I wouldn't buy one, because I don't have any money. :p

the way I dumb down sound-molecule movement is it's like a rubber-ball
bouncing around your studio.

so you "trap" it, like throwing a ball into a bush, using fiberglass type material.
or you diffuse it by giving it enough surfaces to remove all energy of the molecule movement by deflection. (as this looks like)

the fiberglass seems to be the best for small rooms is my understanding.

in micro-terms, its cool as the sound-molecules go into the fiberglass web, like a maze, only to lose energy and burn out chaninging states to heat.....kinda like most humans burn out from the maze of life and turn into Obi-Wan Konobi's....

What most people don't realize you have to get the old vacuum cleaner out and suck all those dead sound-molecules out of your traps now and then. They get "full" like a sponge holds water, kind of thing.

no really.

(jus kiddin on the vacuum part)

well i get the whole fiberglass insulation thing. i was just pointing this out because it looks interesting because i could see how it would work but dont really think it would. i have no intent on buying any, just thought it was interesting

I've thought about building a DIY diffusor, with the 1x1inch sq. poles.
Kind of a wall hanging thing, diffusor. Maybe 3 to 4 layers just randomly crosslinked.

I don't get how this, the one you posted,works? It looks like something you'd set things in each cube as a display?
Is the back absorbant or does it just hang on the wall?

I saw Aurelex has a sub woofer holder too.

piece of plywood on two pieces of foam. i think one has to be pretty busy, not to be abe to do some of this themselves? geez...

The pArtScience SpaceCoupler is an acoustical treatment that creates a natural “large sound”
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Since it supposedly "couples" two spaces to..."create" whats already there, I'd like to offer you a bridge I have for sale. :)

gummblefish said:
You cant beat a book case and some books, i do that in my control room and it works great.
Again, it's Advanced Acoustical Diffusion Devices.
How the hell you gona get anywhere calling them book cases?!

:rolleyes: :D

Back