Can it really be called racist if it's this inclusive?

Really? Whenever I ever share with the lady here at home stuff I've read here at HR, she always says, "Why do you waste your time there?"
lol - That was my previous lady...
edit - Maybe I should rephrase that... That was my previous lady's typical response.
Didn't want any confusion there. 😉

Last edited:
No offense, but.......What the fuck does that have to do with what we're talking about??? :eek:

By the way, my old man, and most other people's old men, used to sit at the kitchen table with his face in a newspaper, not interacting with anyone. How is that any better? People used to read the paper, or books, or People magazine on the bus and not look at each other. How is that any better?

The "old days" weren't the nirvana most old people like to pretend they were. Frickin' revisionist history is hilarious. Maybe it's brought on by senility and dementia, I don't know.

As long as we're going off-topic......

Women had to stay in the kitchen and couldn't pursue their dreams. If a young girl was sexually abused by her uncle, good luck trying to convince the cops, or even your own family. You had to keep your mouth shut rather than "disgrace the family", and you'd probably be called a liar, slut and whore, by your own mother. I'm speaking from experience. I've had 2 girlfriends in my life that lived through that exact shit. How is that better?

I realize that the pendulum has now swung too far the other way. Now, you have to believe everything a woman says, no questions asked. Which is ridiculous, because there are a lot of toxic, vindictive bitches who make shit up and ruin some men's lives. I get that. But at least the ones that were abused are listened to. It will never be perfect.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a young punk. I'm 62 and I'd go back to the 70's in a heartbeat. You can have my cellphone, computer, Wi-fi, GPS, take it all. The music was better, we used to sit around in the park getting high, playing music rather than "texting". Life was simpler and probably safer (even though I think crime and murder rates were actually higher, though I might be wrong).

A lot of things were better. But a lot of things weren't. Like anything, some nuance is needed. But people don't have any, and that includes old people, who think they have all the wisdom in the world. LOL!

EVERYONE has been brainwashed into believing they always have to "take sides" and that there are only 2 "sides". That's fucking bullshit. Complaining about the younger generation has been going on for centuries, and it's stupid. The truth is, once you get old, it's not your world any more. Live with it. That's just the way it is.

I guess people also complained when the car or the telephone were first invented. "When I was a kid, we had no cars or phones. We had to walk 20 miles in the snow, uphill in both directions, just to ask our next door neighbor for a cup of sugar".

I love how old people always complain about how shit things are while also complaining about how shit things were. :D

Ok, I'll get off your lawn now. :D
You guys mentioned watching tv and I responded. My family, relatives and friends were doers not watchers and will be that way until dead or physically unable. Everything you mentioned sounds like something from the media and if it was from your real-life experience, that's too bad for you. That's not what I experienced in real life and glad I didn't live or hang around people or areas like that. If I did, I would have made the necessary changes. Life is what you make it and where you take it.

Everything you mentioned sounds like something from the media
LOL! Oh, here we go. The media. :D :D :D

Denial is a hell of a drug, man.

Anyway, I didn't mean to attack you, man. I don't know you and I'm sure you're a great person. I went on a rant that had little to do with you personally. I was only addressing you when I asked what your post had to do with what we were talking about, because it seems to have come out of left field.

The rest wasn't directed at YOU. It was just a general observation. Agree, disagree. I don't really care. It's all good. :)

Last edited:
This thread was a question about a TV commercial that the OP asked if it was racist and that I thought was very funny. Making fun of other people and ourselves has always been fair game for humor. And usually, the best kind of humor and mostly true. Everyone and everything are fair game. If people take it personally or say it's racist that's their problem. If you're an adult and words or certain jokes offend you sd if you were elementary school age, you are not ready for real the world in my opinion. Keep posting good jokes and I will watch them and have a good laugh. I only joined this forum for the subject of Home Recording but always down for a good joke to laugh at.

Back