Behringer X32

Well, any MONTH now!

Behringer have just released THIS VIDEO that says the in-store date is 27 July.

I guess that gives you two and a half months to save your pennies, moresound!

My guess is that the preamps would be of the regular Behri type. :(

According to the X32 product page:

"The programmable, high-grade mic preamps found in the X32 are based on a genuine MIDAS design, all the way down to their A/D converters."

Paul

Wow. I had not seen this before. I use 2 Behringer BCF2000's (which I love) right now to control Studio One Pro. This thing is like a BCF2000 on steriods, plus crack, and then bitten by a radioactive spider. It's obviously in a whole different category though, having all the preamps and everything. It's not something I really need, but holy crap that's cool. And the price is ridiculous. I love Behringer. I wouldn't want to rely on them for things critical to the sound of my recordings, but they make a lot of tools that work great for fantastic prices.

According to the X32 product page:

"The programmable, high-grade mic preamps found in the X32 are based on a genuine MIDAS design, all the way down to their A/D converters."

Paul

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Now I really can't wait!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Now I really can't wait!
man ...... let's all try and get our minds around this thing that's happening here.

A knowledgable audio guy is bouncing up and down with excitement over a new Behringer product.

:eek:

In other news a pig was granted the first non-human pilot's license by the FAA.

"For a pig he showed an suprising grasp of general aviation principals" his final flight instructor told our correspondent during a phone interview .......

:)

It has the Behri name but it's all Midas and Klark Teknik technology inside. Making this a high-end unit.

True the X32 will have to prove it's merit in the sound industry.
I don't think that people will be trading in their Yamaha's LS9 or Midas XL8's any time soon but this will bridge the gap between what is out there now on the lower end - up to the tens of thousands of dollars consoles.

Tell me more about this aeronautical Sus scrofa domestica. Was his name Arnold?

I was just laughing at the incongruity of it ya'll ...... I wasn't saying anything about the product or who's design it is or putting down on behringer; and, in fact, I'm not a Behringer basher.
Every single Behringer product I've ever used performed well enough for it's price class.

I just thought it was funny 'cause you don't tend to think of pro guys lusting after Behringer.

Apparently not .............

I was just laughing at the incongruity of it ya'll ...... I wasn't saying anything about the product or who's design it is or putting down on behringer ..
Yeah. It's just that those years of context spilling in..

"The programmable high-grade such and suches found in the new 'XYZB..(fill in the blanks) are based on genuine Somebody's design, ..all the way down to their..."
...hard work
;)

I just thought it was funny 'cause you don't tend to think of pro guys lusting after Behringer.

Go back about 20 plus years and that is exactly what happened, my first Composer compressor (MDX2100) retailed for over $500 here (I think, it was a fair bit anyway, they were not even in shops I bought it through a supplier) that was 20 years ago money. I still have mine, in fact I have 2. This was before we got swamped with Behringer products, they only had a couple of models.

Alan.

Go back about 20 plus years and that is exactly what happened, my first Composer compressor (MDX2100) retailed for over $500 here (I think, it was a fair bit anyway, they were not even in shops I bought it through a supplier) that was 20 years ago money. I still have mine, in fact I have 2. This was before we got swamped with Behringer products, they only had a couple of models.

Alan.

When people talk about those few good items that Behri produces I always think of that early model 2100 compressor.
To this day they are a highly sort after unit. I know guys who still scour the internet scooping up all they can find. Simply a great unit!
They can be found still in good working condition for about $50. (+ -)
I too have a few 2100's and they sit right beside my Drawmer and Fatso compressors pulling the same duties.

Any discussion of "Behringer" that doesn't specify what products are being talked about is worth ignoring. Yeah, they make some real dogs but they've also made some decent stuff. I have 4 ADA8000s that are now going on 8 years old and still working flawlessly--a bit noisy at high gain but no worse than many cheap units--and at an amazing price.

I had a Virtualiser Pro for a few years--not great reverbs but I needed a Vocoder I could use on a live show for the cost of renting a posh one for the two weeks I needed it. The guy I sold it to is still using it.

The DCX2496 is a better speaker management unit than some boxes costing two or three times as much--anyone else had a Driverack PA blow out some drivers when there's a mains bump?

The DDX3216 was a great little digital mixer and I have high hopes for the x32.

Put another way: at the risk of tempting fate, I've had two "show affecting" faults with Midas mixers over the years--and none with Behringer gear.

Even the common chat about Behringer ripping off other designs isn't really true. The suits against them have failed and they've actually sued others.

Nah, Behringer doesn't make great gear but much of it represents good value for the money--and there are more jobs out there that can afford Behringer gear than Midas or Cadac.

Put another way: at the risk of tempting fate, I've had two "show affecting" faults with Midas mixers over the years--and none with Behringer gear.

WoW! This is hard to believe Bob.
Let me pull up a seat - I need to hear these stories.

Don't get too comfy! They're not overly dramatic stories.

Both occasions were with Heritage series mixers--I think one H1000 and the other a 3000 but I'm getting old and senile in memory terms.

On the "easy" problem, one bank of 8 inputs just died--but it was a show with spare channels so a little repatching had things going again. Luckily, none were "money channels" so I don't think the audience even knew anything had happened.

The other one was more tricky--part way into a show the master section died on me. I got round it after a few minutes delay by feeding FOH from a post fade aux which I turned up on every channel.

In both cases I was told the problems were in the back plane connectors--the ones where the various modules connect into the frame. It's a while since I've used an analogue Midas--so far no issues with the Pro6 (well, other than operator error--my excuse is that I don't do enough shifts to stay in practice!).

However, if you want a better story, how about the little local show I was doing last Saturday with my DM1000. It was the dreaded "dinner theatre" and, for the last night a guy with a video camera came in and built himself a "platform" out of 4 chairs just behind the two of us doing lighting and sound. Halfway through the second act, one of the kitchen bods flung open the door to the servery, hit his chairs causing him to step off the other side--and he knocked our mains socket out of the wall killing light and sound. The cast were good enough that they kept singing and, when my mixer rebooted (only ten seconds or so) they were still in time with the music. (It was playback from my laptop so that just switched to battery and kept going--though my sound card also reset itself).

Oh, the joys of live work!

Those are stories that I have heard before Bob - mostly with analog Yamaha consoles.
Every so often when my PM series Yamaha travels I have to re-seat some of the channels.

And as far as the electrics go. I have always taken great care to have them where no one including Mr. Murphy and his *Law* can effect them.

Great news Henry If you didnt already know. It says in the newsletter Behringer have set the release date for 27th of July. Not long now mate.

Great news Henry If you didnt already know. It says in the newsletter Behringer have set the release date for 27th of July. Not long now mate.

I had just seen them beginning to be advertised in The American Musical Supply catalog.
But their price is $2,899.99? They got some explaining to do.

Back