Behringer X32

July 27! But there will be no stores holding a sale around that time. :mad:

Thanks Bob I'll be on the look out - I so excited - I hope for a good reason.

I wounder how well the screen will be at outdoor venues?

Here you go, he-who-must-not-be-named, an actual REVIEW OF THE X32.

...and ANOTHER.

Suffice to say that both are extremely positive. I don't know the first magazine but the second (FOH) is one I used to read and I tend to believe what they say.

I believe the August issue of SOS will also have a review.

Can you wait?

Here you go, he-who-must-not-be-named, an actual REVIEW OF THE X32.

...and ANOTHER.

Suffice to say that both are extremely positive. I don't know the first magazine but the second (FOH) is one I used to read and I tend to believe what they say.

I believe the August issue of SOS will also have a review.

Can you wait?

Thanks Bob ... Did you see my new thread of the release of the X16 early 2013?

Cheers,
he-who-must-not-be-named

Yeah. I saw something way back when that there'd be an x16 at some point but it's good to have a date--though I'd need the 32 channel version for most things I do.

I must admit the reviews have me thinking (and suffering from G.A.S.). I've been thinking of getting an Audinate Dante board for my DM1000 to drop Firewire out of the equation--but am now wondering if I could get an x32 instead and, after selling the Yammy, be a bit ahead in money terms.

Decisions, decisions.

Got your X32 yet Moresound?

The demand is so high that Uli Behringer has posted an announcement about the delivery situation:

Dear all,

Indeed we just released the iPad app which can now be downloaded for free from the app store. There is also a video on YouTube that demonstrates how easy the installation is.
All you need is a simple wireless router for US$ 50 and you're ready to go. Unlike with other systems, you don't need a separate computer and what is really cool is that you can connect up to 10 iPad's simultaneously. Over the coming months we will be adding exciting new features to the XiControl that will make it a state-of-the-art remote app.
Also, we will be releasing the PC Remote Software very soon.

Allow me to give you some additional information.

While we understand that there is frustration due to the limited availability of the console, we have simply difficulties to keep up with the demand. The orders are several magnitudes beyond anything we had imagined and planned.
We have been told that in some locations, retailers were sold out on the first day even though they had received large volumes of X32’s.
Equally, the P16 Personal Mixer is constantly backordered over a year since it was introduced. We can’t simply keep up with the demand.

You can be assured that we do everything possible to increase our capacity, however this will take some time as we will never compromise quality.

With the release of the X32, the P16 Personal Monitoring System and the remote control software, we are now focusing on the completion of the last piece which is the S16 Digital Snake. This product should be shipping from our factory by October and hence will be in stores by November. However, we expect massive shortages, too.

We understand that the manual is not up to your expectation and please accept my apologies. However this is a sheer matter of bandwidth and focus.
Our goal was always to have products in the market and subsequently provide more comprehensive documentation. We designed the X32 to be extremely user-friendly so you wouldn’t really need a manual.
In fact our beta testers didn’t receive any documentation and were immediately able to operate the console as Christian can confirm.
However, be assured we are working hard to deliver a stellar manual over time and constantly add information in line with the roll-out of new features and release 2.0 which we're already working on.

Allow me to mention that we are recruiting lots of people in multiple locations also to support the X32 system. Check out our open positions on MUSIC Group - About Us.

I like to take the opportunity to thank you for the feedback we have been able to gather here. Your questions and comments are extremely helpful and much of it will be included in the upcoming manual revisions.

Last but not least I am very excited to announce that the X32 is just the beginning of a series of new products that we will be releasing over the next months and years.
Over the past 5 years we have been heavily investing in a massive technology platform, the X32 is built on. This technology allows scalability in multiple directions and you will soon be seeing more exciting products, of which many will be complementing the X32, S16 and P16 system.

I can honestly say that this is the most exciting time since I started the Company in my living room 23 years ago.

My gratitude goes out to our 3,500 phenomenal employees and all of you who have supported us in all these years.

Thank you!

Warm regards

Uli

no way I'm ordering anything like that sight unseen when no one else has seen it either ......... can't imagine why anyone would.

Well, all the reviews so far have been excellent--and I know (well, know of...from other forums) who have taken delivery and are very happy.

Having said all that, I agree. I tend to make a point of avoiding anything in version 1, be it firm ware or operating systems. So far waiting for the first or second upgrade has always been a good idea.

Yeah. My local (well, 100km away in Brisbane) dealer is now advertising that they have them in stock. A few guys I know in the UK have had theirs delivered and, so far, are extremely impressed with them. It'll be interesting to see if they ever become "rider friendly" though.

Rider friendly is going to be a hassle but possibly with a good track record of A1+ reviews might turn that around.

Back