Behringer Mixer Faint/No Sound on Headphone Jack/Control Room Out

VEGADAMUS

Hello all!

Been a member here for a long time but havent used the site in a while, but now im having some mixer trouble and figured this was the place to ask.

Im using. A Behringer XENYX X1832USB mixer. Recently, my headphone jack started acting weird it wasnt out putting sound correctly. Example if i have an mp3 player hooked to line 7 i can hear music fine but im having trouble hearing any mic input thats plugged in. It used to work flawless, had my headphones plugged can hear music just fine and then when i shut the music off and we started talking into the mic i could hear it great, now not so much. I used to have my headphone amp hooked to control room out which worked perfect now its being weird as well, i can hear music and voices but its faint, can barely hear it, but when recording it comes back fine. Because of these problems, ive been using the main output for headphone amp. This is working but this monday were having guests on our show, so im gonna have to have atleast 5-6 (2 headphone amps) headphones hooked up so we can all hear and talk and its imperative we have this working properly as MC's well need to hear the beat for a freestyle session were having. Can anyone help me with this issue? Maybe its a button i pressed or something that messed it up. If anyone has any pointers it will be greatly appreciated.

Check out page 11 of the manual re the touting of the headphone monitoring.

Yes, it is likely you have a setting wrong or an actual fault. The only way to find out is a systematic trawl through the manual and the various settings.

Dave.

I have a similar problem with same mixer. Sound from line in (say 13/14) playing mp3 sounds great using headphones, main out and control room. She I feed sound from computer via usb, I can only hear it properly on main out. It is very faint and distorted on headphones and control out. So usb is doing its job as sound is bidirectional and working but faint and distorted on headphones and control out. I have done extensive diagnosis and checked settings - what is the problem? Ir us this simply a fault with mixer?

I have and have had a few Behringer mixers, but not the USB one. If there are any switches in the signal path, try pushing them in and out repeatedly. I was havingthe same issues as the OP, and it was the switches Gummed up switches have been an issue with every Behringer I've had, but this really only should happen on older mixers, a mixer that's been in use for some months at least. If there is any scratchiness or signal cutting in and out, you would need to spray some Deoxit into the switch and work it in and out. This always works for me on older mixers that exhibit this kind of malfunction. It also recently happened on a Soundcraft mixer of mine, on a single channel, and it was the h-pass switch at the top of the channel. Weak signal cutting in and out, then no signal. In that case I simply worked the switch in and out a few times, and all was well.

I have and have had a few Behringer mixers, but not the USB one. If there are any switches in the signal path, try pushing them in and out repeatedly. I was havingthe same issues as the OP, and it was the switches Gummed up switches have been an issue with every Behringer I've had, but this really only should happen on older mixers, a mixer that's been in use for some months at least. If there is any scratchiness or signal cutting in and out, you would need to spray some Deoxit into the switch and work it in and out. This always works for me on older mixers that exhibit this kind of malfunction. It also recently happened on a Soundcraft mixer of mine, on a single channel, and it was the h-pass switch at the top of the channel. Weak signal cutting in and out, then no signal. In that case I simply worked the switch in and out a few times, and all was well.
Yup, I've got an older 802 mixer that needs a shot of DeOxit down the side of the switch every so often.

yup, amazing what a bit of spray can do usually - i learned this in the old days of dj faders always going crackly, now with fibreoptic faders that issue is long gone thankfully

i had a xenyx long ago which worked great for what seemed like forever, i moved to the xr18 a few years back when i had a bit of money and really couldn't be happier, ok no faders but can be done from pad,phone or computer

Back