Beef is awesome food. Let's chat. :)

Yeah I used to be a notorious overcooker. I've scorched just about every animal there is. I generally don't cook anything in the house, but I can throw some meat on a fire and have it come out pretty good now. I've learned to ignore my instincts and trust a meat thermometer. A good dosing of dry rub, a few minutes per side on a hot grill with just one flip and I can churn out a pretty damn good super juicy steak.

My mom used to cook the hell out of everything growing up. Super well done....

Same here. My mother used to broil steaks in the oven. :eek: what a shame... :facepalm:

Nowadays, I have my grill hooked up to a natural gas tap in the back of the house. Never have to worry about propane tanks again. Love it!!!

Yeah I used to be a notorious overcooker.

I still am which sucks as i like my steak rare to medium rare, but i just get the fear :( However, my veggie gf has nailed cooking rare steak for me which i'm super grateful for as she's not a big fan of blood. That's actually whey she became veggie after a "medium to well done" steak in france came out as a block of raw meat oozing thick blood. Sounds tasty as hell to me ;)

Yeah I used to be a notorious overcooker. I've scorched just about every animal there is. I generally don't cook anything in the house, but I can throw some meat on a fire and have it come out pretty good now. I've learned to ignore my instincts and trust a meat thermometer. A good dosing of dry rub, a few minutes per side on a hot grill with just one flip and I can churn out a pretty damn good super juicy steak.

That's awesome. My wife does most of that stuff. Grilling does seem to be the best for meats. We try to grill as much as we can when the weather allows it...steak, asparagus, seafood, etc. Kind of hard core to go out in the winter here though :eek:.

Same here. My mother used to broil steaks in the oven. :eek: what a shame... :facepalm:

Nowadays, I have my grill hooked up to a natural gas tap in the back of the house. Never have to worry about propane tanks again. Love it!!!

My mom did too!!

That sounds awesome. Nothing worse than getting ready to grill some primo beef only to discover the damn tank is empty!

I still am which sucks as i like my steak rare to medium rare, but i just get the fear :( However, my veggie gf has nailed cooking rare steak for me which i'm super grateful for as she's not a big fan of blood. That's actually whey she became veggie after a "medium to well done" steak in france came out as a block of raw meat oozing thick blood. Sounds tasty as hell to me ;)

Good for your wife - that's very selfless of her.

I had some steak in France a long time ago, and I remember being shocked (this was back when I was used to eating my mom's hockey puck steaks) that it was served mostly raw and cold...thinly sliced with just a slight sear on the outside edge. What's that called? Steak tartar? :confused:

It was yummy though!

Here's the thing.... it's not blood. They bleed the carcass dry when they kill the beast. It's just meat juice.... so you can tell your veggie GF you're not actually turning into a vampire...

Good for your wife - that's very selfless of her.

I had some steak in France a long time ago, and I remember being shocked (this was back when I was used to eating my mom's hockey puck steaks) that it was served mostly raw and cold...thinly sliced with just a slight sear on the outside edge. What's that called? Steak tartar? :confused:

It was yummy though!

She is pretty flippin' awesome and i do consider myself very lucky to have her :)

And yeah, steak tartare is usually completely raw meat either thinly sliced or minced. And it is super tasty although a little scary if you're not 100% sure what it is

Here's the thing.... it's not blood. They bleed the carcass dry when they kill the beast. It's just meat juice.... so you can tell your veggie GF you're not actually turning into a vampire...

:O Dude, that's amazing! Thanks Armistice! I shall save the link and show her later. She'd believe me more if i said i'm not a vampire if only i weren't so pale and hated sunlight

A quick google came up with this as the very first hit; What's really in a McDonalds Cheeseburger?

Nothing in that article would dissuade me from grabbing an occasional cheeseburger at McD's, I ate there today.
I don't care for the flavor or texture of the pre-cooked tray warmed beef much
(in the old days they used to actually have a griddle to cook on),
so I had filet of fish and french fries,
which are both fried.
OMG Im gonna die.

Nothing in that article would dissuade me from grabbing an occasional cheeseburger at McD's, I ate there today.

Tbh nothing in it really put me off it either, it was more just to let henry check what he was eating :D Hell, i love's me a good Quarter Pounder with cheese.

Ah chilli, but the n00bs need to know about meat and they often fear the prime time arena *in my best Simpons impression* Won't somebody please think of the n00bs! :D

The only thing I have eaten from McD's in the last 20 years was a bite of an 'apple pie'. That was last year, after a torrential downpour flooded out our campsite in the Berkshires, and my wife and I made the wet-dark decision to pack up the campsite at 9pm and head home. Stopped at McD's for coffee and she saw '2 for 1' apple pie sign, I took one bite and almost choked on it. SHe ate the rest!

But I love a good barbecued burger. Angus beef, real cheddar cheese, 3-4 slices of low-sodium bacon, whole wheat bun and only Heinz Ketchup.

The only thing I have eaten from McD's in the last 20 years was a bite of an 'apple pie'. That was last year, after a torrential downpour flooded out our campsite in the Berkshires, and my wife and I made the wet-dark decision to pack up the campsite at 9pm and head home. Stopped at McD's for coffee and she saw '2 for 1' apple pie sign, I took one bite and almost choked on it. SHe ate the rest!

But I love a good barbecued burger. Angus beef, real cheddar cheese, 3-4 slices of low-sodium bacon, whole wheat bun and only Heinz Ketchup.

That's a healthy enough response for me to put my two pence worth in...

I do my best to avoid things that fuck up the planet and the animals and people on it. McDonalds=fucking up the planet and its inhabitants. It takes twice as much energy to produce meat than the energy I get out of it, I don't like wasting energy so it forced me into an almost vegetarian diet. I can't afford to buy organic and 'kind' meat very often. But when I do I do LOVE a meatball. I'm not that bothered about steak, it's nice, but it just feels wrong to eat that much pure flesh.

Nothing in that article would dissuade me from grabbing an occasional cheeseburger at McD's,

Yeah NEWS FLASH - McDonald's is bad for you, right?
I eat there about 3-4 times a year. Usually the filet or, my favorite, the regular cheeseburger. Not a nice steak, but there's something about that time-tested combo of starches, sodium, and preservatives that reminds my of my youth.... and I tried their Angus burger not too long ago. Really not bad for fast food.

Back