Beef is awesome food. Let's chat. :)

:laughings:

Usta love bacon, pork chops etc. but I've strayed from pork the last ten years or so for no particular reason.

I'm not a fan of pork at all. I don't eat pork ribs, pork chops, ham, or anything. I'll tear up some bacon though. Texas is a beef state. Big huge slabs of cow. Watch the intro to those old Flintstones cartoons. That giant rack of ribs that topples over Fred's car? That's Texas BBQ. Texas BBQ kills all others. KC, Memphis, the Carolinas.....no other regional BBQ style compares to Texas BBQ.

A nice bit of kangaroo fillet is not bad at all for a change... and about half the price of beef. Sometimes I swing that way at the supermarket... but cook it too long and it ends up like jerky... rare to med rare, bit of salt, teriyaki sauce... yumbo, and you can say that you've eaten some of your country's coat of arms, which not everyone can do...:thumbs up:

I would eat a kangaroo. I think one would be hard to come by around here though. The weirdest, easily obtainable, non-beef we have around here is buffalo and ostrich. I've only seen ostrich as ground meat for burgers or sausages, but I've had buffalo steaks and burgers. Very tasty. Not worth the extra cost though IMO.

There's a grocery store near me that makes these chicken and jalapeno poblano cheese sausages that are very tasty and reasonably healthy. My wife will fry them in a light oil and roll then in whole grain tortillas for me. A little sausage wrap. So good. Something looks funny about them though. I can't put my finger on it....

Talk about weird and exotic food.

Frog legs - had them once, don't think I could have them again.
I didn't feel to good later that night after having them.

Talk about weird and exotic food.

Frog legs - had them once, don't think I could have them again.
I didn't feel to good later that night after having them.

Haha, that's funny. Frog legs are weird and exotic up in NE. Down here they're tuesday.

Wow, i had a bacon sandwich and went to bed... 12 hours later this thread has become even more awesome!

Sauce on steak = depends on the quality of the beef. Steak on a bbq i put nothing on and eat with my bare hands like a big juicy meat cookie. Steak in a sandwich needs a bit of ketchup (mainly for the bread) and onion

I'm currently snaking on ostrich biltong. it's mega tasty

You don't see it on the menu anywhere around here.

I'm not a fan of frog's legs myself. I've had them many times, but they're just not that good. They're usually fried, mostly dark meat, pretty gamey, and they're always greasy. And they're visually not very appealing. I mean, they look like exactly what they are - a frog's legs. Yuck. There's so many better things to eat.

I'm not a fan of frog's legs myself. I've had them many times, but they're just not that good. They're usually fried, mostly dark meat, pretty gamey, and they're always greasy. And they're visually not very appealing. I mean, they look like exactly what they are - a frog's legs. Yuck. There's so many better things to eat.

They always remind me of chicken wings. Not much meat on the bone to even bother with.

They always remind me of chicken wings. Not much meat on the bone to even bother with.

Right. And to me, chicken wings just aren't that good unless they're drowned in spicy ass buffalo sauce. I'll tear up some buffalo wings. Regular wings, not so much. I'm a breast man. :D

I also feel the same way about ribs. I don't even bother with pork ribs. Beef ribs are a little better because they're much bigger, but it's still just a big ol bone with some meat around it. I just want the meat. I can do without the bones....unless it's a T-Bone steak.

I like horseradish or some kind of spicey mustard-based sauce on a filet. No mushrooms for me...they don't even seem like food. They taste like feet smell.

Kobe beef is pretty freakin' incredible too. I agree about some fat content being needed to keep beef moist while cooking...so how does filet mignon turn out so tender and not dry up? They're incredibly lean...

I had a filtet wrapped in bacon a few weeks ago...good, but almost too much? They'll wrap anything in bacon these days...even turds I hear.

I like horseradish or some kind of spicey mustard-based sauce on a filet. No mushrooms for me...they don't even seem like food. They taste like feet smell.

Kobe beef is pretty freakin' incredible too. I agree about some fat content being needed to keep beef moist while cooking...so how does filet mignon turn out so tender and not dry up? They're incredibly lean...

I had a filtet wrapped in bacon a few weeks ago...good, but almost too much? They'll wrap anything in bacon these days...even turds I hear.

I think with filets they stay tender because they're not supposed to be cooked for long. Everyone's preference is different, but I think a properly done filet is pretty pink inside. Anything past medium on a filet and many will consider it ruined. I've fucked up a few of them to the point that they were well done and dry as hell. Still good though. :D

Ok, maybe that's all there is to it then. I like mine medium rare.

My mom used to cook the hell out of everything growing up. Super well done. So, steaks would be like these gray, dry slabs that you had to chew on forever. As such, I was never wild about steak as a kid.

It wasn't until I moved out that others introduced me to properly cooked beef..what a difference!

Back